Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New p11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JensenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 7:21pm
Hi and welcome Smile
'91 black eGT
ebies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:24pm
heres a link to pics of my p11 :) http://imgur.com/a/s336N
JensenDK View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JensenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:46pm
Hm, you put a conic filter and a new distributor on? How much difference did it make...and in case you changed the filter from the original airbox, what's the change in sound?

Have you considered putting the filter on a pipe and move it over behind the battery so it's more shielded from the engine heat?
'91 black eGT
Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:55pm
Hi, and welcome to NPOC Thumbs Up
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
ebies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:02pm
the new distributor was a must have. the previous one went awol and made the car undrivable. i can go into more detail if you want later. the cone filter as far as i no is designed to increase air flow, moving it further out on a pipe may decrease the airflow as the air will have further to drive requiring more forces etc. i literary only put it on a few hours ago so haven't really seen huge changes. how ever she does sound a little better and the engine bay look alot tidier with it in. 
dcal View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
A catchphrase!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:11pm
A few of us who have modded the ga16de engine have found that removing the air box completely and attaching a pipe directly to the maf/ throttle body with a right angle pipe then send the cone out on a pipe to behind the battery area does wonders for the engine breathing, I myself was lucky enough to find a purpose built all in one bit of piping that I took from a 1.8 vectra at the scrappy, I'd put up a pic of mine but I can't on this apple device.

edit: here it is Big smile

Sick of it!
Shaggy(P11) View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaggy(P11) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:57pm
Have you thought about getting a GT body kit for it? (Bumpers, side skirts and bonnet grills) Give it the GT look, with first car friendly insurance prices
dcal View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
A catchphrase!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:57pm
oh and while im on lusting after my old beauty, heres some ideas for how you can make the plainest and most basic prim look good, mine was a profile and was stock when i got it, 

Sick of it!
ebies View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 9:09am
ahh okay, is this set up more more effective than putting the filter straight to the box? ( i have removed the stock filter as well). done any other performanace upgrades?
dcal View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
A catchphrase!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:06am
I found it to be better than the way you have done it, I did it similar to yours when I first started playing with the car, but I never really got to much into performance mods on that one, others have done more with there's though. Exhaust systems, cams were available though very rare. Iirc
Sick of it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>