Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Primera 2002 Engine: SR20DE Model: P11-144

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sr20de_Y61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Primera 2002 Engine: SR20DE Model: P11-144
    Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:43pm
Hi nissan fans,
After getting headache from a VW, I bought this SR20DE 2.0i with low mileage: 138.000km.
The model is P11-144, and luckely many online info about potential solutions.
See below some pictures.

I wrote down some fixes, sourced from this and other forums, Thanks!

Main problems when purchased:
Very bad idle running, and stalling occassionaly when stopping at traffic lights (motor shutting down).

ECU Errors: 
- P0100 MAS sens/circuit
- P0403 EGR VOL CON/V circuit
- P0171 FUEL SYS-LEAN-B1

1. So I start cleaning, throttle body and IACV (Idle Air Control Valve). The P11-144 has the IACV below the trottle body.
This was confusing since there is many about P11 IACV, which location is different it seems.
This is an image, and location is under throttle body for P11-144 2.0i (from 2002)

-  The TPS(Trottle position sensor), easy fix when reading this from the Nissan manual: http://zinref.ru/avtomobili/Nissan/080_10_00_Nissan_Primera_P11_2001_year_Manual_ENGLISH/021.htm

-  Change gas throttle cable, since it was nearly broken. after replacing it, I had to put some WD40 between where the cable goes inside the cabine and comes from motor bay. now it's perfect.
From the manual adjusting the throttle cable: turn left screw until throttle spring start moving, return 1,5 turns then fasten right screw. easypeasy.

- Then changed sparks. The spark plugs had some rubber (like spacer) on the bottom that was sticky and rotten away and falling apart. I carefully cleaned and removed these. New sparks, I just used the , not the platinum. Also in the Nissan Car manual you can see previous P11 used BKR5E-11 (3.40 euro), they work fine for me. (the platinum here cost 128 euro for 1!)
After reading this I decided not to use platinum. https://www.sr20forum.com/general-sr20/114751-sr20de-spark-plugs.html

- The new pollen filter, little harder to remove but great explained: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-144-pollen-filter-replacement_topic3272.html

- New air filter

- some vacuum hoses needed replacement I change those as well. The vacuum diagam from the manual was not so clear but eventually helped. 

BUT the car still was running very bad when idle.
Finally I could find a low mileage car for parts, it had the infamous Bosch MAF for 40.00 euro(used) and idle is now steady and engine running perfect.
They send me the wrong MAF for the P11, but luckely they had another for the P11-144.
Which is another part.

MAF installed, ECU fault: none, so happy for now, idle perrrrrrrfect.

Some things todo: 
- airbag light flickering? no fault in ECU. maybe the light not properly fixed behind control panel or below seat?
- central door lock not working properly. when key lock pressed it shuts all doors, then opens immediate after.
If anyone have suggestions thanks.

HEATED SEATS!

LEATHER for driver seat, not so nice, but will fix this.

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 6:44pm
Disconnect and reconnect the airbag connector under the seats.That should sort that out.The airbag light might need a reset also.I'd disconnect the battery first(then leave things for 15mins)just to be on the safe side.They should not go off just doing that but better to be safe than sorry.

The doors opening once after locking is due to water ingress in one of the door actuators most probably although the same fault could be a faulty central locking unit.

You could disconnect one at a time while looking for signs of any water ingress and see if the same fault appears if not then you have found the bad one which might be sorted with some wd40.
 Post Reply Post Reply