Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie with questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00WX5643 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie with questions
    Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:31am
Hi all,
After 9 years of happy motoring my old 2002 almera became a victim of rust after doing 200,000miles, happily while on the way to buy a replacement i spotted a p11 primera 1.8 ex.
To cut along story short i got it for 850 euro(lots of haggling)Wink, it had just past its nct(mot) and is in fairly good condition.
It drives like a dream but while getting new front tyres fitted the fitter came back covered in grease saying that the cv joint had split, so firstly how much will a replacement cost? Can it be done by a non mechanic i have changed discs and pads before on the almera.
 Secondly the cd player is missing the tape console can these be found anywhere? or is it easy to fix a replacement into the built in system bearing in mind i have a 6cd changer in the boot, the only other niggle is that the drivers door lock can t be unlocked with the key can a replacement barrel be purchased from anywhere.
regards
tom
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:15pm
I suspect it's a P11-144 if its a 1.8, take a look here and this will confirm it....

If it is a 144, you can fit an aftermarket radio but you will need to get a new fascia and hazard switch, there is a how to section on here that describes the work involved,

CV joints can be done by the DIY mechanic, depends on your ability and having the correct tools.

As for the lock, it may just need a clean up, because they have remote locking they very rarely get used and can freeze, but yes a replacement can be fitted.

Old enough to know better, too old to change
00WX5643 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00WX5643 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 2:23am
many thanks for the info and welcome, i managed to change the cv boot and i ll be searching the breakers yard for the fascia.
Found a buyer for the almeraSmile, heres both the Almera and Primera posing after i cleaned both!!

modsman View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 2:28am
The fascias are about 12 quid from Nissan and you can just grab a hazard switch from a P11 to fit it.
Skymera
 Post Reply Post Reply