Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 console buttons not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:44am
You say you have an 04 plate Matt, has it got 3 dials with silver rings or 4 that come on with ignition?
Roy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:07pm
If your screen is not working I think this is a different issue to the original post. Get a hair dryer an blow hot air in the ashtray under the DVD player (I am assuming you hav sat nav in the dash) see if the screen comes back on
anthony8384 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthony8384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
Update bought unit from scrappy and all is working for now lol
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:00am
great fix Thumbs Up well done Handshake
Roy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Kaisersose Kaisersose wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my '04 p12 but the screen is blank as well. Disconnected battery last night for 20 min and it solved the problem - until this morning. Screen is blank again and no buttons work except rear demister...

You have a fault a well known with your Sat Nav Unit
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396_post457598.html

Contact Ideal Technology http://idealtechnology.co.uk/
They have fixed quite a few. About £100 I think
Kaisersose View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaisersose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:26pm
Thanks for your comments guys. Mine has the 3 silver rings.
Here's the thing - mine does not have the sat nav. Also, I replaced the original Nissan stereo with my own Bluetooth/DAB stereo a few years back (I posted photos on a thread here somewhere).
Everything has been working fine for about 3 years so I'm pretty sure my issue wasn't caused by myself.
Anyway, I took the centre console out this morning. Disconnected all the block connectors, took the screen out, blew dust out of everything and put it all back together making sure everything was firmly connected. My screen is back on and console buttons are working again.
Not sure how long it's going to last though...
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:30pm
Results all around thenThumbs Up
fye View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 3:03pm
I have a 2002 p 12 with the same problem console not working. I GOT AN ELECTRICIAN to change the console and it worked fine for the day, next morning when i started the car the air con came on with the console not working. Any suggestions anyone?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 10:48pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Do you have sat nav?
Is yours a Japanese import? 
power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:21am
Problem is the same, screen/buttons are not working except rear demister and hazard lights.
Mine doesnt have SAT NAV installed what might be the problem and possible solution?
Checked fuses inside, connectors are firmly connected
haven`t tried outside fuses box and disconnecting the battery
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>