Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan P12 steering cowl removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan P12 steering cowl removal
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:59am
Hi hope someone can help does anyone know how to remove the steering cowl and what screwheads they are having trouble trying to get it off

thanks
Lynzi
2003P122015 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003P122015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 10:56pm
I undid the 2 screws in the bottom, it didn't come off easily so could do with this answer to avoid braking anything
No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 6:47am
looking at the esm there are at least three, two on the right an one on the left away from the wheel, there appears to be two further connections one each quite close to the two at the steering wheel end but I suspect these a moulded locating pins
2003P122015 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003P122015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:37pm
If I recall correctly I did the following, but I recommend nothing.  This is merely how I did this on one particular car.  Anyone doing this should do their own risk assessments

There are two screws in the lower cowling pointing upwards, undoing these loosens the top cowling, it can be "flipped up" but not removed do to the flexible section.

To remove the lower cowling, after removing the 2 screws, there are 4 clips, one in each bottom corner and two in the middle.
This is made easier if the screw in the dash bottom corner nearest the door is removed and that dash lower half unclipped if not removed because the lower cowling has a lip all the way around which makes it bigger than the hole  in the lower dash.

Once the grey outer lower cowling is removed there is some moulded yellow "foam" on a steel plate.
This is secured by four screws in total, one in the middle bottom, one in one top corner, and two in the middle left and middle right.
No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.
Trueblue View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trueblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 11:55pm
How are the clips freed/ undone please ?
 Post Reply Post Reply