Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 Central Locking Oddity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 Central Locking Oddity
    Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:42am
2001 Primera P11 144 S 2.0 CVT

There appears to be a fault with the car's nearside rear door locking mechanism: When this door is unlocked the central locking fails... it sounds like all locks try to engage followed by a momentary buzzing/whiring then the sound of all doors unlocking...but, if the suspect door is first locked from the inside then the central locking of the other three doors and hatch completes successfully. The three doors and hatch can then be centrally unlocked but the suspect door remains locked. The fault persists whether or not the child locks are engaged.

I have apparently managed to clear the fault (but only once) by repeatedly locking and unlocking the suspect door many times, but the fault returned on the next attempt and I have never managed to reproduce it.

The SMT switches on my ignition keys are shot so I can only test this manually. The same applies if I attempt to centrally lock internally via the front doors.

Any Ideas? 

Post Reply Post Reply