Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD ABS sensor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD ABS sensor issue
    Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:20pm
Hi guys, I have a problem with my ABS...

The story starts with ABS starting to turn on without any reason, so i thought i should try cleaning the ABS ring. I saw on yt that i could remove the sensor and through that hole i could get to the ring and try to clean it. So i attempted that but in the process i broke the sensor since it was very stuck inside.

The ABS light never lit up previously but after breaking the sensor it lit up. So a year has passed and finally i have decided to replace it because i saw new ones on eby are quite cheap. And there were also positive comments about it so i bought one.

Then i installed it and the ABS light went off but after few meters of driving, the ABS light lit up again.

And this is the status currently, the ABS would turn off every time i would shutdown the engine but it would lit up after a very short drive.

So now i have no idea. I haven't solved my first issue, and i've caused another one.

What do i do?
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
Does it come on if you turn lock to lock?
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
Are you sure you replaced a faulty sensor (you say it was replaced due to breaking it)? Perhaps one of the other sensors need cleaning/checking?
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:21pm
You can run a self-diagnostic on the ABS

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-abs-system-diagnostic_topic48583.html
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:34am
@p11primeragt - i will check, what's the difference?

@bavs83 - i physically broke it, so i replaced that one. There was no ABS light before i broke it so IMO there should be no light now after i have replaced it. Although i clearly had some issue even before braking it but it didn't register as ABS light

@imckay - hah, amazing how i didn't even think of that, i will give it a go as soon as i can, thanks!
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:47am
How would i check if i bought the correct sensor? My chassis number is SJNBDAP11U0179777.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:16pm
The difference being if it came on when turning lock to lock that would rule out the rear sensors as the cable does not twist like the fronts do...and it would mean you had a bad cable to sensor which in that case you would just replace the sensor anyways.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:16pm
OK so i tried it and ABS light turns on when i turn the wheel lock to lock. It took about 3-4 times to light it up.

So i can rule out rear sensors. And i can most likely say that:

a) i didn't buy the correct sensor for my car
b) the sensor doesn't work correctly

Can you help me figure out "a"?
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 4:43pm
Ok so i also shorted the pins on the consolt port. I got MIL codes on CE light. Shoild ABS light be flashing the ABS codes? I got 12 and 18. 12 is very strange because it should mean no faults and 18 should be wheel speed sensor ring. It meana the sensor is ok but ring is damaged or that the sensor is not reading the ring correctly?
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 4:59pm
Ok update. I was reading the wrong codes. I managed to get ABS light to blink and again i got 12 which is no problem but if i managed to get it correctly i think i also got 21 which means wheel speed sensor, right front open circuit.

Now the problem is that mine is a car with the steering wheel on the left. And the sensor i broke is on my front left. So i'm not sure why it's giving me a problem for the right one u less it's looking at the car from the front??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>