Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 ABS(?) problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryoko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

Does the ABS light come on when first switching the ignition on?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mention in the previous comment: yes, it comes on when I switch the ignition on.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 7:59pm
Strange- have you tried the ABS Diags (short out pin4 to earth on Consult connector)?
it may show something- even though the warning light doesn;t seem to show... worth a try.... http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-abs-system-diagnostic_topic48583.html

Also for the fact that BOTH the rear sensors have similar wrong readings suggests that it maybe some sort of feed problem? I may expect ONE of either of the sensors to have been faulty but is strange how they BOTH are showing same sort of wrong readings- I may start to think the rear sensors may actually be okay and it could be some sort of feed/ supply issue to the sensors ?

Also there are relays for the ABS system seem to remember in the engine bay- check those out also.. I may start to think is a wiring/ feed issue maybe to the rear sensors, rather than the actual rear sensors themselves...

d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
- actually - thinking more- maybe the rear sensors have BOTH gone bad- for whatever reasons.. not sure...
again you may more expect ONE of them to have gone bad but maybe not both- there again, maybe BOTH have gone bad for whatever reasons-

guess you may have to swap them for some good ones and see what happens- hope new ones don't go bad also..Unhappy in case some other factor like feed is causing them to blow out...

would defo give the diags a shot also...
Ryoko View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryoko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
I'm sorry for the late reply. I was extremely busy recently.

When I measured the resistance, there was a problem with the connection of the dvom. I was very tired that day, so I didn't notice that. About 2 days later, I measured the resistance again. ~1,6xx kOhm at all wheels.

I noticed that the ABS ring was quite rusty at the left front wheel, I tried to remove the dust - as much I as could. Since then I haven't experienced the problem.

Thank you very much for all the answers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123