Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 ABS Warning light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:50pm
^^ 'Generally better' means generally better and nothing else- ABS systems are superior to Non ABS systems, statistics prove this and braking distances are shortened.

For the record- You also said that in my Emergency Stop 'I would have actually been better off without ABS' !! LOL
I think not.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:30am
Yes, you could have stopped better without ABS. The trick is not to lock your wheels. Here is an example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjszE3NS9E

Again, i'm not against ABS, just saying you can do without it, and depending on the situation it's a better/worse choice.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:27pm
In the forementioned emergency stop- My wheels did not lock (because I had fully functioning ABS); hence why it did such a great job in stopping and preventing an accident.
So why on earth would I want to do away ABS and 'have to make a 'trick' not to lock my wheels'? (your words above). That is one of the whole purpose of ABS in the first place!!  Are you a comedian or something?LOL

... Also you keep stating 'hit or miss' - 'depends on the situation' ... which seems you are suggesting it is a close call, or 50/ 50% even ...

How is something that has already been proven by tests 'considerably better' a close call or 50/50 situation? It is not 'hit or miss' ... ABS hits more than misses because it has been tested to be considerably safer ... yet you seem to think 'considerably safer' means 50/50 .. it doesn't... it is 'considerably safer'.... nothing else.
Jeez...
Maybe Nissan should have consulted with 'Astral07'; before they created an inferior ABS system to conventional.. you could have at least told them they were wasting their time and money , cos it was no better necessarily than a conventional - yea you know best- not Nissan.Disapprove

d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:53pm
...Nissan calling : "Hey, we have just created a great new ABS braking system; we just better check though with 'Astral07' and run it by him, because he says it maybe worse than the conventional... and he know far more than us; hope we haven't wasted our time and resources"... Astral will tell us the score!!Big smile
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:54pm
Cant see personally how no ABS is a better option . I would of thought a aid to help you stop would be a good thing rather than slide close your eyes and hope
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:51pm
^^ Exactly Norm...
 hold on though, we could always try to do the old 'try not to lock up wheels trick'....
 whole flppin' purpose of ABS in the first place!
They created ABS for us; so we didn't have to try to 'not lock the wheels', which was 'slide, close your eyes and touch and go', as Norm correctly says.

I doubt whether Nissans intention was to make a worse system- highely likely they knew what they were doing in creating a better system that outperformed convential in tests and added to road users safety. They wouldn't have made it otherwise!

That being said- all I can say is my ABS stops on an absolute sixpence and certainly want it working optimally... When I had the issue, I felt the ABS stop working and also when it started working-  it was a very noticible difference indeed.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm
Anybody who removes a ABS system/disables it from a car that came with it from factory needs locking up imo,as with today drivers about, trust me you need it..
alan2307 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan2307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:17pm
I have a 2001 P11 144 with same issue , could you tell me how to take the bulb out as my mot is due and have not solved abs problem yet , the brakes work very well .
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by alan2307 alan2307 wrote:

I have a 2001 P11 144 with same issue , could you tell me how to take the bulb out as my mot is due and have not solved abs problem yet , the brakes work very well .

I maybe wrong but if the tester starts it to move they will note its not working aside from it perhaps being a safety issue
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by alan2307 alan2307 wrote:

Yes, believe is an  MOT failure, despite what some people may say or think. Some people are not even aware why on ignition phase ABS light comes on briefly, then should go out shortly after- this is because it is performing a self test, to ensure all is functioning. See below

a. a warning lamp is fitted
b. the lamp illuminates
c. the lamp follows the correct sequence of operation
d. does not indicate a fault.

Note: The sequence varies with the type of system. Refer to the manufacturers or other reliable data, eg purpose produced charts, books, etc. This sequence is usually something along the lines of coming on with the ignition, then going out (and staying out) a number of seconds later.

The car will fail if the ABS light:

a. is missing
b. does not illuminate
c. does not follow the correct sequence of operation
d. indicates an ABS fault.

The MOT regs are very clear on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>