Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 - d/s boot & ball joint cover
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 - d/s boot & ball joint cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourohh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 - d/s boot & ball joint cover
    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:21pm
Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot - nearside front outer
Suspension arm ball joint dust cover - offside front lower

These two items have appeared as minor defects (severely deteriorated) on the MOT (pass with defects).

Just wondered if anyone wants to comment.
I'm assuming that these are small items to buy. however, would I be right in thinking that there's a fair amount of disassembly/reassembly involved, i.e. labour cost?

the '98 Primera is a lovely car, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Enjoy reading the comments on NPOC, even if some of them are beyond my understanding and/or abilityShocked.

P11 1998 2.0ltr SE Sedan
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:46pm
For the work it's going to take to do it just replace the complete shaft (£30 new delivered from J&R off ebay ) A good gaiter costs about £15 so it makes no sense to me peeing about splitting the shaft in order to replace it.

The lower arm balljoints are around £10/15 for something decent like blueprint/febi etc and would need to be pressed in and not bashed in otherwise it'll likely be damaged.Again replacing the complete arm might be best bet as you can get them for around £30,depends if you want the extra work in fitting the balljoint itself.   
fourohh View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourohh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:37pm
Good information p11primeragt.
As you say, little point going to the trouble of replacing the gaiter alone... there may well be some wear to the joint itself.
Thanks for the advice.

P11 1998 2.0ltr SE Sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply