Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 dash display not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mossy80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 dash display not working
    Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:58pm
Unfortunately got fed up with multi cd changer in car not linking to face unit (all in before i bought it). Couldn't detach so in my frustration i cut the wires.(Stupid me i know)
This has done something and now my radio no longer works and the digital display - millage av mpg,temp etc no longer displays anything.
I've tried crimping and re connection, but nothing.
Checked fuses in panel under steering wheel but nothing blown. Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions (apart from not letting me near a car again)?
Mossy
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:01pm
Could still be blown fuse if wires have touch if not you may have to get a auto sparky to reset the trip computer.Which happens when either the fuse is pulled for the dash electrical stuff (i did it once by mistake) or wires cut for that circuit,as it needs a small supply of power at all times.Even though if you disconnect and reconnect the main battery the trip will come back on,so dont know how that works really Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:04pm
As Brian says probably fuss remember to check fuses in engine bay by battery.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
sch4463 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sch4463 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:13pm
I lost mileage display once, prob when fitting a hands free kit years ago, it turned out to be a fuse, as said before, take time and re check all inc the ones under the bonnet.
Mossy80 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mossy80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:35pm
Thanks guys, i'll check the fuses in engine bay tomorrow.

Thank you
Mossy
power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:55am
Sorry for bringing old topic up but almost exact thing happened to my p12, I didn`t cut the wires, I unplugged dash screen connectors and cut a little into wires to install yatour adapter and when they weren`t isolated, two wires touched and then I heard cd changer buzz sound for few seconds and dash screen stopped working. The wires which connected were ACC and 12V.(Yellow and pink)
The things that work are:
Rear demister
Hazard lights 
After a while of driving blower started to blow light cold air I`d say 18C 1 speed setting.
anyone?
power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:41pm
Solved myself: Blown fuse in fuse box under the hood. Audio fuse to be specific
 Post Reply Post Reply