Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT - NATS problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT - NATS problem
    Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Hi all.

I am having difficulties with my remote locking.

Following a few other issues (Battery kept flattening so bought new one) I am not able to get my key to recognise the receiver. As far as I know the fob is working fine and I have tried a new battery but I don't have a spare key to test. I have noted that the remote needs a few more attempts to lock in the winter than the summer (When it works a treat)

What I am getting is this:-

When i go to re-program the key I do the usual 6x turns then turn Ign on & press unlock whilst pressing lock 3x BUT I get two hazard flashes when I have turned on/off 6x (Normal) and THEN 2 flashes when I turn Ign to ON position?? - Then nothing after completing the full routine.

I have a problem with central locking not operating the solenoid on rear passenger side so thinking that might be the fault (Shorting) I have disconnected the plug inside the door altogether Is being disconnected likely to cause a problem?
I disconnected the solenoid as I considered that might have been the cause of the flat battery (If solenoid has got wet and is shorting to earth For example)

The Amp drain on the battery is now down to 0.01-2.

Any suggestions?

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:43pm
Separate Key and Fob on a P11 isn't there?

Easiest thing would be to get a replacement Fob and try that.
Make sure it is the same MHz as your current one. 418MHz or 433MHz looking at what is available on Ebay.
rizla01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:08am
Not sure that would be responsible for the flash sequence difference I am getting tho.

Do you suspect that the key is causing this?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:52am
any error codes on the Dash? NATS light on?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
If the Routine is failing, it is either the Fob or something in the Car.
The Fob is the easiest thing to rule out.

I presume you are following either Set A or Set B here
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html

Also note the comment from Ant-Dat
rizla01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:29am
Nothing.
Everything looks and acts normal.
Car starts Ok.

rizla01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:30am
As per the instructions. To a 'T'

rizla01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

any error codes on the Dash? NATS light on?

No difference to the dash lights. Everything as norm and car starts & runs fine.

Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

If the Routine is failing, it is either the Fob or something in the Car.
The Fob is the easiest thing to rule out.

Yes, that makes sense. :)

Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

I presume you are following either Set A or Set B here
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html

Also note the comment from Ant-Dat

Yep. Followed those instructions to a 'T' over and over, I'm afraid.

Sorry for the double reply. just learning how this forum works. :)
nissanp11sr20de View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nissanp11sr20de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:35am
If everything is working put new batteries in your 2 remotes switch on ignition to accessories hold black button 6 seconds and turn off accessories and hold button again for 6 seconds switch off and try your remote.  
nissanp11sr20de View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nissanp11sr20de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:40am
For P11 200Gsi only set A B dont work on mine
 Post Reply Post Reply