Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Stalls at Idle with AC on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultim8er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Stalls at Idle with AC on
    Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:59am
I have a Manual Nissan Primera P11 1998 1.6 that behaves funny when the AC is on.
Firstly, when idle, if i put on the AC, the vehicle RPM goes to zero and stall. Sometimes it just stays around 0.3 and shakes.
It feels fine when i am moving with my leg on the gas but as soon as i try to change the gear and press the clutch fully, RPM drops to zero and it goes off again.

A mechanic actually increased my IAC and the RPM was a bit high at startup which seem to work fine for some time, but still switches off when clutching at anything above 70km/h but later it returned to the worst state again.

Please help.
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 6:33am
Hi,

First thing i'd check for is any sort of air leak on the vac side, I'd then check the TPS (throttle position sensor) for adjustment. Off the top of my head the SR20 one with no throttle should be 0.5 volts (i cant remember if the 1.6 is the same). but if this isn;lt set correctly you can have stalling or judder at low speeds.

When the mechanic adjust the idle control valve did they first put the car into service mode?

The P11 has a self learning ECU - meaning it will make small adjustments to the car as it's driven, This also means unless the ecu is put into service mode any adjustments to the timing, idle control valve etc may not have the desired effect.

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
 Post Reply Post Reply