Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Wiper Linkage replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:32am
Hi Willy,
Good to see you have found some.
The Metzger Pivots look OK. Probably worth taking them apart and checking for grease before fitting.

The 6 Nuts are likely to shear off of the old pivots. M6 I think.

Give the 2 Wiper Arm Nuts a squirt with some Penetrating Oil. They can be a pain to remove.
You can get Pullers if they refuse to budge.

Ian
rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:49am
Ian,

I remember somebody else has posted that about grease on another thread I come across, thanks for the reminder - I would have forgotten it.
I've got lots of different oils/greases etc.. now so I'll give them a blast when i've got time to start it.

I have a Corsa that I've just changed the linkage for, much easier however, I must have screwed up the edge of the windscreen glass as I've now got a crack going up from the centre and out to the sides... I probably squeezed it back on too hard and then the first speed hump probably took it out. Luckily I've got fully comp so if it comes to a full replacement it's only £50 but if just a repair then it'll be nothing.
I'll be giving the primera a lot more attention on taking these things out hehe....
I'll do the drivers side first and run that for a few days or week to see how it fares before attempting the other one. The drivers side has the inevitable bearings buggered where the actual arm is rubbing on the bonnet and is a bit wobbly inside.

cheers again,

Wily

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123