Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 AC/heater problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 AC/heater problem
    Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 6:22pm
Hello, 
The problem is that my Primera blows warm air even when the temperature is set to 18°C and it does not matter whether I switch the AC on, or off. 

Any idea what might be the cause?
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 7:42pm
get the ac checked... most likely out of gas..
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:06pm
Check the mixer flaps behind the heater panel...and it's a possibility the heater panel maybe knackered.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 10:40pm
I will definitely go get the ac checked as soon as possible. I forgot to mention that when I turn the AC on, 
additional sound can be heard from the engine bay (probably the compressor running).

You mean to chceck whether it is stuck? Because if I increase the temperature on the control panel the air from vents gets hotter.
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 9:11pm
Is the air coming out warm out of all the vents?
Usually you should hear a click sound when the compressor kicks in...and the cooling fans turn on?
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 9:51am
Yes, from all of them.
I can hear the click and then the cooling fans ramp up.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 9:57am
And the air getting even hotter when setting the temperature to 32 degrees instead of 18 was probably just a placebo effect. 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:44am
Go and get it topped up / leak tested.. That will be a normal AC service and can be done anywhere nowadays Costing anywhere from £30 - £50 :) It just sounds like you're out of gas, which is very common.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:12pm
I will get it checked and regassed asap, but the thing that is really weird to me is that even when the temperature is set to 18 degrees the air from vents is as hot as the air with temperature set to 32 degrees.
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:30am
Why I said check your mixer flaps to see if they are functioning correctly...possible they are stuck on hot.
The ac being on or off will have no effect on cooling, if the heater is stuck on hot.
You did also say it gets hotter when you temp, hence the replies on getting your ac checked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>