Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 only hot discharge air

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 only hot discharge air
    Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:55am
Hey guys, the thing is that even if the air outside is like 15°C, the ai from vents blows hot. However when i shut the engine down the air cools down to the outside temperature in about 10 secs. I checked operation of the air mix motor and it turns (hopefully the flap inside moves too) but temperature of the air from vents doesn't change at all.

Any ideas?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 7:44am
There is some trouble shooting in the Service Manual

See HA Chapter Page 28
Some tests for checking the Temp Sensor (PTC), Sun Sensor and Mixer Motor.
You will need a Multi Meter for checking Voltage and Resitance

Not 100% but I think someone has had a faulty PTC before.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:18am
I already took a look at that page but none of the problems listed seems to be the one I have. 

But I'll definitely take a look at those sensors.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:20am
OK, one of them might be the problem I have: "There is too much difference between setting temp. on P.T.C. and in-vehicle temp."
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:33pm
So I'm back, checked like everything I could, even went to service for swift inspection and the guy said it is probably the airmix flap is broken inside of the heater unit. Is there any possibility to replace it or do I need to change the whole unit? 
Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 1:58pm
Did you fix it, and Then how? I have a similar problem
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:42pm
Unfortunately not, since it started to get cold i postponed further repair to this summer. I chcecked every sensor, airmix motor operation, and some other stuff, the only thing i haven't done is taking the whole unit out and chcecking wheter there is some flap broken.
Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:54pm
ok.. thank you for the quick answer.. must search some more
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:20pm
Make sure to post here if you find a way to solve it, as it seems to be somewhat tricky problem.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:05am
Well, i just figured out that i'm as blind as a brick. The air mix motor has a rod connected to the air mix flap, but mine was disconnected. 
This is what it looked like (obviously the rod was not connected to the flap): 

And this is what it should look like (from a further distance, so you can see where exactly it is):
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>