Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 reverse light switch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mestala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 reverse light switch
    Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 6:17am
Hi all

My other half saw that the reverse lights were not working the other day.Bulbs look ok,so was wondering if it could be the reverse switch.Anyone"I'm sure there is",know where it is situated,I ask this as on a car I had many moons ago it was the switch that was duff....or could it be something else.

Thanks

Steve
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 9:49am
The reverse sensor switch is located on the gearbox towards the bottom,the sensor threads into the gearbox,so you would need to drain the oil first if you need to remove it and test it etc.

Then use some teflon tape on the threads when putting the sensor back into the gearbox to make sure it does not leak.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:25pm

Are you sure it is not the bulb?

There is only one reverse light on the UK P11-144. Don't know if the Euro is the same?
mestala View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mestala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:29am
Thanks for your replies guys,I'll check the bulb,or bulbs first,"again",and to see if power is getting to the R/L unit.

Cheers

Steve
skydiver View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:42am
Are you from/in Bulgaria, Steve?
If so, we can arrange someone from our big cities to meet you and help you with that.
Maybe the issue is only with the connector ?
Primera x3
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 9:36pm
I'm willing to fly out with the tape.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:00pm
Did you fix the light? I am having the same problem😬🤔
 Post Reply Post Reply