Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.6 Check Engine Light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 1.6 Check Engine Light
    Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:18am
Hi everyone as stated up above I have a Nissan Primera P12 1.6 Petrol and the engine light is staying on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Storm Eye
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:14am

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero

Storm Eye. View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:29pm
Hi Timeshock. I have done exactly as it says:
Turn ignition on
Wait 3 seconds
Depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times in 5 seconds, then take foot of the pedal.
Count seven seconds and then depress the accelerator pedal and hold it down for 10 seconds.
As soon as the Eml starts flashing error codes, take foot of the pedal.

I am not getting any engine management light flashing after 10 seconds. Do I keep my foot on the pedal until the light starts flashing regarding of the time?
Many thank for your response.. 😀
Storm Eye
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:31pm
[QUOTE=Storm Eye.] Hi Timeshock. I have done exactly as it says:
Turn ignition on
Wait 3 seconds
Depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times in 5 seconds, then take foot of the pedal.
Count seven seconds and then depress the accelerator pedal and hold it down for 10 seconds.
As soon as the Eml starts flashing error codes, take foot of the pedal.

I am not getting any engine management light flashing after 10 seconds. Do I keep my foot on the pedal until the light starts flashing regardless of the time? (Nothing happened after 10 seconds)
Many thank for your response.. 😀
Storm Eye
sagarka View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 11:26pm
i have also the same problem i had check it same way but no luck n e body explain n e other option thanks in advanced

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 12:11am
To the both of you, persevere, use a stop watch if you need to , If it does not work then you are going to have to pay to get the code read.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 1:31pm
Thank you, will get stopwatch and try again.. 😃
Storm Eye
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:58pm
Hi Timeshock , thank you so much.. It worked with a stop watch. I got ten flashes then 3, and then ten flashes then 4. I am not quite sure what this means? Is the error 0304? Any help would be great. Thanks again for the help to date.
Storm Eye
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:02pm
Cylinder 4 Misfire, have you any symptoms?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Eye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:33pm
When I start the engine it seems a bit rough for about 10 seconds and then goes out of it. I will look at the spark plug tomorrow no4 and replace and see if error comes back after clearing the error..
Storm Eye
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>