Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 1.6 petrol. revving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMBOGHMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p12 1.6 petrol. revving
    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:01pm
Hi
The revs on my 1.6 p12 have started to increase and decrease  with no input from me. If I am driving and I put the clutch in and take my foot off the accelerator so I'm freewheeling, the rev counter starts to fluctuate between 1000 and 1700 revs as If I was just touching the gas pedal, but I'm not. I changed the air filter and the mass airflow sensor yesterday but that made no difference. Any advice or suggestions as to what it is would be appreciated.
Ta

MICHAEL
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:23pm
Your other Post indicates that you have an Engine Light on as well.
Is that correct?
SHAMBOGHMAN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMBOGHMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:27pm
I cleared the engine warning light and it has not come back on. I replaced the airflow sensor on sunday afternoon, I'm watching it closely now. One thing I have noticed , this may be normal, When I put it in gear the revs go up to about 1300 with the clutch IN, take it out of gear and they drop to 800. IS this normal?
MICHAEL
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 7:17am
If the Revs are 1300 with Clutch in and in Gear when you are moving, then I think that is normal.

If you are stationary not normal

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 11:18pm
No it's not normal if the engine is up to operating temp.

When gears are selected or the clutch is suddenly dipped the idle should drop and stay around 750/800rpm.

It's normally related to the electrical side of things.Ie the ECU.But a vac leak can cause similar problems. So make sure everything is hooked up all good.

I would start by checking and adjusting the TPS,if it's been disconnected before with the engine running then that could be why,and the ECU is trying to find the throttle position.

Also cars with a disconnected/faulty neutral sensor can do the same.It's linked to the fuelling system.

Failing that clean the iacv and throttle body.
SHAMBOGHMAN View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMBOGHMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:49pm
TPS = throtle position sensor?. Where is the neutral sensor?, 
MICHAEL
 Post Reply Post Reply