Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 1.8 cutting out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarsaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 1.8 cutting out
    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 3:27pm
Hi ,

Hoping for some help , recently acquired a 2006 1.8 flare . Test drive and drive home were fine .
Now she starts but instantly cuts out even if I try and rev her to keep her going .

I'm thinking possible fuel related ? 
has anyone had the same issue ?

thank in advance for your help
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:54pm
Normally either the maf or the cam chain given the engine.

oscarsaudio View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarsaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
Cam chain is my worry as I presume they are a big job and probably not cost effective .

Will these cars start with the maf disconnected  ( to help rule this out ) ?

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Yes it will.You might need to hold it on the gas though for a few seconds then it should idle without any input.

Will start to run rich but not a problem as a test only.

oscarsaudio View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarsaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
Well pulled the pipe off the back of the maf no difference but when put back on she started but the idle speed was 1500 revs this was for about a minute before cutting out again . 

Post Reply Post Reply