Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 2004 Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 2004 Radio
    Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 6:26pm
Hi, i have 2004 primera (tekna options here in Finland)
So in a car is radio/cd and navi.
Radio and navi does not work.
There is green block with secure text.

Sometimes i have been able to get radio on and then all (navi) too works fine, but most of time its only green block after 1-2 min from start and before that green block i can only choose audio (but cannot adjust) or language, clock and display (able to adjust) from settings nothing from radio or navi.

So far i have done accu disconnect few times (30 min or more less than 1 hour) with out help.

Most of the time radio is quiet, but sometimes popping sound apper and most likely then i can get radio on. Sometimes it coms alive normal sometimes i cannot choose chanel or volyme etc.

Any suggestions what to do?
Starigt to dealer or some hoccus poccus things left to try?

Regs Jori

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
It is a poor connection to the Nissan Anti theft System (NATS), you also get this permanently when you put in a replacement unit. It can also be a fault with the audio unit could be a dry joint
Gearhead View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:53pm
ok and to fix it what to do, by myself or only to dealer?
Gearhead View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:55pm
"dry point" uncommon to me. does it mean bad connection in some place or bad tinning, soldering?
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:56pm
As it works once in a while, you should check the nats connection first.
Gearhead View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:34am
where from i can found NATS connection(s)

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Gearhead Gearhead wrote:

"dry point" uncommon to me. does it mean bad connection in some place or bad tinning, soldering?
Yes
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Gearhead Gearhead wrote:

where from i can found NATS connection(s)

Now, we have to be careful here, as the radio is connected to the IMMU unit otherwise known as the Smart Entrance Control Unit. It is a dongle which according to the Electronic service manual is fitted to right hand drive cars only, and I am suspecting yours is left hand drive, so not quite sure what the configuration is. I would be starting by getting access to the back of the player and try chasing the cable routing back.
Gearhead View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:27pm
Ok so on dash board not engine room.
I will see first if there is something visible in connectors and put some woodoo spray, if no help i give up and take it to pro.
Thank u of your reply.
I let u know when/if it can be repaired.

Regs Jori
 Post Reply Post Reply