Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nissan primera p12 2.2 dci LimpMode W/Rail Error
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 2.2 dci LimpMode W/Rail Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgbrgb2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 2.2 dci LimpMode W/Rail Error
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:32pm
I got a rail pressure sensor error and the car going into limp mode. Cured by switching on and off.
I followed the other posters advice on this site and

1) replaced the SCV-no joy.

2) replaced the sensor itself- no joy.

Any ideas? Can the mechanical pressure release valve on the other side of the rail cause similar behaviour.

BW Dave

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:15pm
Was the replacement SCV a new one?

Any other problems?
rgbrgb2001 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgbrgb2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:55pm
Yep New SCV. Sensor was refurbished (as Nissan would only sell me the complete rail)

This is the only problem with the car.
burtlanc View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burtlanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:09pm
Hi. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. Turned out to be the fuel pipe from the filter, fixed to the body, and the engine. The rubber was starting to "weather" on a bend. Not really leaking, so I guess it was mainly sucking in air.

Anyway, replaced the rubber tube and it's been ok since.

Hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply