Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 aftermarket headunit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:49pm
Would be nice to get some pictures of the process as this question pops up a lot lately. You could help a lot of others with the same wish....

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:53pm
Hmmmmmm - yup, looks like it's entirely different colour coding!!  Ah well, it was a while ago I fitted it.  Looks like you're sorted now anyhow - good luck with it.  Don't know if it's worth mentioning - I do recall having to attach an earth wire to one of the screws which hold the CD unit in place (it was dead without that).  Cheers  Simon
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:55pm
Wicky - whilst you're online (and sorry to hijack this topic) did you have any problems with your Parrot freezing up?  Mine kept on freezing all the time so I took it out again!!
bongo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:56pm
ok i'll see what i can do and try get some pics
i must state though this is purely for the base models with no dvd or nav unit
just the basic cd unit with aircon an display
im away to try the setup now so will see how it goes

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by bongo bongo wrote:

right cheers for info ive got the manual and on research i think i can figure it out using the following
front left + = L (guessing is blue ?? ) front left - = LG (blue/green) pins 6 and 5
front right + = Br (brown) front right - = Br/W (brown/white) pins 8 and 7
rear left + = L/G (blue / green) rear left - = B/Y (black/yellow) pins 10 and 9
rear right + = L (blue) rear left - = P (pink) pins 12 and 11

im sure ive got what im looking for but if anyone spots a flaw let me know before i go short out her nice new stereo LOL
cheers

L is Blue; LG is light green; just realised you have the manual so Page GI18Smile
let us know how you get onThumbs Up
bongo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:52pm
went by the pin numbers after looking at it
all the required wires are on the one plug

tried and tested all hooked up powers up fine sound from all speakers crystal clear
all i need to do is cut the slot in the dash where the old cd player fitted and slot in new one

have got pics of the connections so will post up what ive worked with and the finished article once i put dash back together in the morning

cheers for everyones input
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by hairy hairy wrote:

Wicky - whilst you're online (and sorry to hijack this topic) did you have any problems with your Parrot freezing up?  Mine kept on freezing all the time so I took it out again!!

Nope. did some firmware updates, but no freezing.

bongo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:23am
heres a few pics of it hooked up and working

thats the plug with all the wires you need on it starting from right hand side is the speaker wires
all the feeds for lives are at left hand side

was going to solder but as it was late at night i was mucking about with it and the fact i would need to run an extension cable to plug in solder iron i went for terminals instead

the finished item after i cut the recess in the dash big enough to slot stereo through

As was stated by hairy earlier you need to hook up an additional earth cable as the aerial does not earth an aftermarket headunit or it did now with me anyway till i run an earth cable from the iso block to the mounting bracket of cage
All working fine and sounds not too bad even run the rear aux through the pocket underneath stereo to keep it neat for plugging in MP3/IPOD/IPHONE
Any q's feel free to ask away i'll do my best to help. Also must state this was for the model without dvd and nav im not sure if it is possible with them i wouldnt like to say and then someone goes and destroys their cars electrics.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:36am
Clap

And a big thank you for taking the time with the piccies and wordsThumbs Up
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 7:14am
+1.
And another early P12 without joystick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>