Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 aftermarket headunit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:24pm
Also that highway 300di looks almost what i want, is there something very similar with bluetooth and usb so I can get power from it?
looks much easier to fit than a standard second headunit.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:54pm
Have you tried another switch on it ? Id try this before striping a door down
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 1:29pm
Hello friends, i have p12 with sat nav. Just trying to install android multimedia in place where s original screen, i am ready to loose original screen and what it shows.., just figured out where are audio cable, but cannot find 12v power cables. Do you have some advice?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
You have not really given enough information about your car, is 1st edition, 2nd edition, Japanese import, what type of screen is it black and white, colour? size?
Are you quite sure you want to splice, the P12 is a canbus system with the looms carrying ECU signals.
is it permanent live or ACC live you want?
if your sure then I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:06am
Thank you for reply, sorry for lack of information, did not expected for reply.. :) my car is with navigation system year is 2004 i think it is 1st edition.. screen ofcourse is colour. Size is 7 inch. I am just curious, if i.just disconnect original screen and dismantle it. And replace with 7inch 2din android multimedia, just connecting to it audio and power cables. Wil i loose heat system? Or only jus just the view, which was showed in original screen. I can copy with that. So long as buttons are working i will be fine...

Just to be clear why i want this, it is because of green secure screen and constant sound cracking from speakers. It drains.my battery.

So i saw these videos. https://youtu.be/sgN81vP0r6w. And part two
https://youtu.be/VIxEKMgwkj0

This guy cannot tell me how he connected cables, because he sold his car..
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:35pm
I think you will lose the air con control, there is a chance of permanently disabling you car but to be honest I can only remember this happening to someone on here once. Can you not take the existing one out and replacing it with exactly the same model?
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

I think you will lose the air con control, there is a chance of permanently disabling you car but to be honest I can only remember this happening to someone on here once. Can you not take the existing one out and replacing it with exactly the same model?
today i managed to connect android multimedia to my primera. Air con control is working, but i cannot see original view. I know there is a way to connect av output to android multimedia, i have all the wires, but i need to figure it out, which wire in car is from original screening. Radio works great, new android screen fitted almost perfectly. Just need to figure it out how to connect wires to see original screening for climate control. (I can controll it, but i cannot see it :D )
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
Great Progress

This may help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aogR_3X9oWU

This links to..

https://www.drive2.ru/l/3844996/

http://www.primera-club.ru/f/elektronika/47519-zamena-shtatnogo-monitora-r12/
This one has Pinouts for Sync and RGB

It may be worth a browse through the Repair and Reports areas on the Russian Primera Club
A few posts about aftermarket Radios, Android and CarPC

Or you could possibly move the Original Screen down to where the DVD Drive and Original Radio are.
Your Climate will not work with the DVD drive removed.
The DVD Drive supplies 3.3V and 5V to DVD, Radio, Screen and Climate.
I have read about some solutions where the DVD Drive is hidden behind the Dashboard.

Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:35am
Sou you say, that original screen is responsible only for climate control , fuel consumtion and etc information view? I guess I just need rgb converter to AV... i looked in the russian forums btw.
Masarob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masarob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:10pm
Sorry for double post, but i know what i need now.. old monitor must be connected, and RGB TO COMPOSITE S VIDEO converter must be connected to original monitor, then i can connect av cables to this converter, and see original screen. Oh boy, thats alot of work. All schemes found on russian forums. one guy did smart thing to hide original screen, he just throwed away original cd frive, and added inside where was cd drive. Now he had dvd drive on bottom, and original screen on top. Thats smart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>