Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:50pm
when i press left indicator in my 2002 p12 primera,not only does my seat belt beeper start beeping my display starts flashing,andif i press the brake pedal at the same time my reverse camera comes on while i am driving forwards!
please help!

Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:48pm
I'm no P12 expert, but sounds like an earthing problem, normally resolved in the rear light cluster iirc
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:49pm
This is a well documented problem with the earth to the rear light cluster.
1st check you have no blown bulbs, then go to our how to section for the simple fix
ibz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
Thanks Guys, I will try it and let you guys know
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:06pm
Yes please, we love feedbackBig smile
Gunnercreep1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunnercreep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 7:54pm
I have the same problem. we have had earthing problem with left rear light and reverse camera. We got that sorted, so the lights and rear camera are ok now. But, when indicating left, the seat belt sound bleeps everytime the ind. light comes on. When indicating right, it sounds only once. I have tried by-passing the earthing (on lhs rear only) like you have in How to section (fixing a wire from light earth to screw on body, holding the light in position), but no help. Any ideas???

Hero_MS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero_MS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:42am

I have the same problem, when i press left indicator in my 2007 p12 primera the display  start flashing and beeping and if i press the brake pedal at the same time my reverse camera comes on while I am driving forwards!

Is it an earth problem?

Do I need resolved it by following this link:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

please help!

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:47am
Yes.. Do the earth fix first and see where that gets you, the fix is a free oneThumbs Up

A big welcome to the forums too.

Take care,
Shaun
Hero_MS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero_MS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:50am
OK ... I ll fix it in this  weekend.
Do I need to fix booth left and right or only the left?
Cause the problem is appears only when I press the left indicator.
many thanx for your hints :)
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:55am
Id do both then you know all is good welcome to NPOC too
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>