Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12, black roof strips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flareowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12, black roof strips
    Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:13am
Does anyone know how these black strips are fixed into the 2 channels on the roof? Trying to trace water ingress which has soaked all the carpets and boot. was looking to take them out to see if their is a hole in the roof.

Look forward to replies.

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 7:01am
I doubt very much it will be them, do you have a sun roof fitted? where exactly is the carpet wet? have you felt the roof l especially on the side above the door adjacent to the windscreen pillar. The boot might be something else, have you got a lot of condensation at the moment? take the cover off where the emergency kit is stored you should find two grommet/screws, ensure they are firmly located, I think there is one on the other side of the boot. It is worth talking everything out of the boot well, jack wheel etc. and drying it out.
Flareowner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flareowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 6:48am
I don't have a sun roof, the water was under the driver seat and also all the boot mat was wet with a lot of water in the wheel well
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 11:47am
Try the Drain holes at the bottom of each door, the water could be coming in from them. Ouch
Roy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
OK no sunroof, if it were a roof seem I would expect the roof liner to be wet and you have not mentioned that, nor if you experiencing condensation. Under the seat is strange as this is raised up around the rest of the floor pan, so for that are investigate as Roy suggests the door drains. A good clue to the boot I will be where the carpet is wettest and start your investigation in that location. If your aircon is working it would be good to be running that at all time while driving to take out the moisture with in the car
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flareowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:14am
Thanks everyone hopefully going to explore further today
tdavies1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdavies1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:58pm
I am trying to trace a leak into the boot area. First noticed it when right rear seatbelt was used recently and it was wet.

I have had the car 5 years and no problem until now. I was thinking it might be the roof channels.

Have you had any luck ?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flareowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:43am
I think it may be the weld to the right of the boot minge, it has some slight corrosion with what ive noticed as a small hole l have also resealed the boot rubber. going to fix the hole this weekend.
tdavies1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdavies1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 8:05am
OK, Thanks, I will have a look today. I wondered if it might be the rear washer tube leaking
tdavies1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdavies1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 10:04am
I have found the leak. It is at the joint at the top of the boot just below where the rubber strip is. It goes down to the rubber seal. Took that off and could see the headlining was stained. Poured some water carefully and it leaked through the joint. I have tried underseal along the whole of the joint to see if that will stop it.

I have a photo of the area. Can't seem to find an option to upload it. If you want it let me have your email address.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>