Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 CD player "Error Message"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadik17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 CD player "Error Message"
    Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:10pm
hi , I have recently sent my Cd player to Clarion Services UK  to be checked and it wasnt working.

They changed the player and put a new one. So i put it in the car and it was working.

So now after a month or so the CD player starts to read tracks for afew seconds then goes to error message.

And sometimes it shows "error disc" and goes to radio. I have tried a new CDs of different kinds but all the same. And i dont have a Cd changer.

Thanks for reading , looking forward to your reply.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:27pm
A few things can cause this problem.
1 Copies
2 Disc spin motor not getting up to speed
3 Laser optic unable to focus on disc
4 Low power
to mention just some.
You could try a cleaning disc in case the optic has clouded but if it were me ,I would be talking to Clarion as it should still be under a warranty!
If in doubt give it a clout!
sadik17 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadik17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:34pm
Thanks Electrolyte  I  will try and use a cleaning disc and send it to clarion if it doesnt work.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 12:13am
Does anything like this happen when you are turning the steering wheel?
sadik17 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadik17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 7:59pm
Sorry timeshock for the delay .
No nothing happens when i turn the steering wheel.  but the Cd player would take the cd  and start playing it for 30 seconds or so then a scratching sounds  starts and  gets louder until the Cd player freezes and after some time ejects it.

Now, i called Clarion and they said i donot use any cleaning Cd and send it to them because its under warranty. 

But my problem now is , i have a feeling that the cd player is not the problem ,   i was using the radio bbclondon  and i hear sometimes  the same scratching sound but not as loud as with cd player ??
could it be turning steering wheel because i was driving most of the times ?? Thanks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 12:06am
Don't know but if under warranty send it backThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply