Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Check Engine Light ON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 11:37pm
I haven't reset the error code yet, I guess resetting it won't make any difference to the issue with the cylinder misfire.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 6:44am
Change the plug, likely to be coil pack, but something that should be simply sortedThumbs Up
koolk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 8:23am
Thanks!!

So, I need to get the spark plugs (x4) changes and also get the ignition coil changed?

A quick search at carparts4less shows me that Ignition coil is £48 or £33 (depending on quality) and NGK Spark plugs are £4 each.

Do I need more than one Iginition coils to be changed?

Should, I take the car for the school run now, or do I have a chance of breaking down or causing engine damage?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 3:46pm
One coil pack is all that is needed if you have a faulty one. I would expect your spark plugs were changed at the last service. All these items and connectivity can be checked to isolate the fault but you are going to need a multi-meter to help test.
koolk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:14pm
Took it to the local garage today, and the coil pack was changed.

The check engine light has gone. 

I had to pay £96 (£80+VAT) for the coil pack change. Does this sound a correct charge - as coil pack is around £40, so wasn't sure about the total of £96.

Also, the drive doesn't feel smooth at all even after the coil pack change. The garage says that the clutch is okay. So, I am not sure what's wrong.

I feel that I need to rev it slightly more even at 30mph and drive in 4th gear on a 30mph road to get the feel of a smoother drive.
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:18pm
Hi there,

Can you share how decoded the blink codes into P0302. I am just unable to find anything that will help me translate the flash codes into regular codes.

My flash sequence is -

10 3 3 5.

Going by your calculation , I am guessing this translates into P0335 (basically 10 becomes a zero) and when I checked a P0335 mean 'cranshaft sensor' which is what we have got replaced recently. 

Will appreciate your help.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:09pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

that is it you have decoded it, 10 flashes equates to a zero.

So when you changed the sensor did the fault go away? The chances are it is not the sensor at fault but telling you there is a problem with the timing, maybe a stretched chain
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:24pm
Hmm, the sensor light did come back on and the engine also misfires. I am dreading it's the timing chain as well. But before I take that route, would you recommend I should make sure i have eliminated the obvious such as the coil packs and spark plugs etc.

The car is with a local mechanic who is sort of family.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:43pm
Any chain rattle on start up?
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 7:08pm
No rattle sound. When it runs, runs like a brand new car. Also, just spoke with the mechanic, he said that the crankshaft and lambda sensor codes are flashing . Sounds familiar or is he fobbing off?

Oh by the way he dint change the crankshaft but the camshaft sensor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>