Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Check Engine Light ON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:33pm
I changed the crankshaft sensor and it was the same the way we fixed it was to re do the earth from the battery to the transmission and one from the battery to the inner wing instead of the one complete to wing then to transmission.
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 8:13pm
Got a call from the mechanic, he said after he test drove for a bit , the engine was still misfiring a bit. He suggested changing the coil pack. 
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:32am
Right, changed one of the coil packs but random misfire still exists. Today the ECU threw P0300, which I believe is a random misfire and could be anything. My gut feeling is it could be one more coil pack

The mechanic I am dealing with is super confused and is doing things randomly so I have ditched him for the time being and taken things in my own hand.

Anyway, one more random thing is that misfire is happening most of the time I re-fuel, so another long shot guess is fuel injector or pump.

Your thoughts??
roobarbthedog View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roobarbthedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:25pm
I hope you don't have the same problem I had. Mis-fire eventually diagnosed as low compression in cylinder 4. Engine was shaking and obviously mis-firing. Car has been in the garage now for 6 months! After getting the cylinder head rebuilt, new valves and seals the car has "developed" an electrical fault and will not fire. See thread:

Latest on this is it "might" be an issue with the immobiliser, although none of the dashboard icons or fault codes were reporting anything.

About to phone again and see what the story is.

Cheers
Roobarb

iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 3:11pm
Hi, 

All I had to do was to change 1 more coil pack. Car is running as good as new. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:24pm
Glad you got your Car sorted before the bank holiday weekend.
mcgangsta View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgangsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by iasad1 iasad1 wrote:

Hi, 

All I had to do was to change 1 more coil pack. Car is running as good as new. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Damn, I've not been around for a year or something, but I had this similar problem with 2003 P12 also.

Just changed one of the coil packs and it was good to go. But it was very confusing, they couldn't find anything @ garage so I asked them to test drive it. After that they found the faulty one and changed it.

If I've just known the problem... much cheaper to change them yourself =)

Glad to hear it's working now though.
iasad1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iasad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 9:03am
Thanks Gangsta. I know! the mechanic I was dealing with was purely guessing, causing so much more frustration.

Next time, I will diagnose things myself, buy the part myself and just ask him to change it.

Thanks everyone for the support.

j6k4 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j6k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:46pm
Hello,
Nissan Primera 1.8 P12 Petrol Here

Recently the engine was swapped for a different one (80k) at a local garage as the original engine broke
The car drives perfectly fine but the engine light came up and in the info section it says that a malfunction might have happened to the engine and that I should not drive at high speeds and go and get it checked at Nissan dealer as soon as possible. - something I'd rather not do as they charge insane money and also because I have already spent over 1k on this car in the last 9 months or so just for repairs and this car is probably not even worth £1k but I just love it and dont wanna give it up. so this is why im here hoping u could give me a clue on these flashing codes.

Can you please help me with the diagnosis codes?
Would be greatly appreciated if you know what these are about.
Many thanks

The engine light flashes as following

10 - 1 - 5 - 4
10 - 1 - 5 - 2
10 - 1 - 5 - 8

I'm new on here so please have some patience with me, thanks in advance and keep up the good work Wink
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 11:33pm
They are all codes relating to the oxygen sensors, check that the air intake is not blocked, check the air filter, check for leaks/splits in the hoses and damage to the exhaust/manifold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>