Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Check Engine Light ON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 2:27pm
I had something similar with my diesel.
The problem occurred only on warm days, when accelerating onto a highway in 4th gear at the moment rpm got passed 3000. This fault turned out to be the variable vains in the turbo was stuck, so the ECU was unable to turn down the boost pressure.
With a new turbo the boost pressure is 4times higher at 3000rpm than with the faulty turbo, according to live ODB2 readings. Hence I cannot explain how the issue really connects to the fault. It can't have been overcharging, which I thought before I got the new turbo fitted
Summsedpot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summsedpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:08pm
Nissan Primera P12 - Good day. Got the same problem almost a week ago. The engine light of my car is on. I just checked it with the mechanic and didn't see anything wrong. It drives smooth though. They say not to worry but everytime im driving this car, got a lil bit pressured and scared. Could you please help me to locate what the problem is? One more thins is, i cannot read the note in my lcd coz it's in japanese characters. Please help me? Need your patience with me too coz im new here... 🙄😊 Thanks...
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:22pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
You have a Japanese import car which is different from the European models. In respect to the Japanese writing you are stuck with it as it is hard coded to the car unlike the Ero cars where it is software driven.

I am not certain if this will work and does require some effort and timing but you can read the error code by following the instruction in the link

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero

Just report the code back hereThumbs Up

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summsedpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 2:59pm
Thanks timeshock. But I still can't get it. I remembered that the mechaninc put oil yesterday. Checked the has cap also but still, engine check is there. Feel terrible. Is it still safe to use this car? Thanks so much.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 4:05pm
Well you have a choice of three things:
1 Take the advice of your mechanic and ignore it
2. Get the code read some how
3. don't drive it.
I can not advise on if the fault is critical as there simply is not enough information.
From what you are experiencing and if your mechanic is any good I would say it it probably a senor or electrical connection issue and without he code it is hard to advise where to look.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 11:42pm
Summsedpot:
Do you get the red or the yellow light?
When does it come on?
- At an particular rpm?
- When engine is hot, cold or temperature independent?

Which engine do you have?
Once the light comes on, pull over, turn off the engine, wait 10 seconds, start the engine. Does the light go away?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summsedpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 5:34am
Petterg: I think i know the problem of my car, when i drove my car this evening, the gas pedal is jumpy at first and at the same time the car is shaki But when i contiuosly drive it, it becomes smooth. Is this the reason why my engine light is on? What maybe the cause of it. Please help me. Thanks so much.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summsedpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 5:34am
I got a yellow light.
garryvg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garryvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:40am
Hello I have a 1.8 petrol S Primera.

Engine light came on a couple of days ago
the error code is 0707.

Can any 1 help with the meaning behind the code as I cant seem to find the info anywhere.

Thanks in advance
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:51am
http://www.datsc.com/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P0707/Diagnostics/Nissan/Default.aspx

Possible causes of OBD code P0707

- Open or short park/neutral position switch circuit - Poor park/neutral position switch circuit connection - Misadjusted park/neutral position switch - Park/neutral position switch may be faulty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>