Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 classic NATS, SECURE problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 classic NATS, SECURE problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hondarul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 classic NATS, SECURE problem
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 9:43am
Hello everyone!

I own a 2006 Primera 1.8 sedan with 109.000 km on board.

A couple of days ago, I started it, I went for some distance, and than it didn't start again. The red light with the key (NATS witness) was on. I tried for 5 minutes and than it started again, but with the light on.

I reached my home, left it for some days, and on friday when I needed it to go somewhere, was completely dead. NATS light on, SECURE message on yellow background on screen.

I tried:
- 5 seconds tryouts, many times, no result
- the 15 minute reset mode, several times, no result
- I changed the key, no result
- I removed and put back the white connector from the black box on the ignition, nada.

Today, someone came with a tester and the car had the following error codes:
P1610, P1614, P1615, all related to NATS.

The last two errors were deleted, but still no sign for the car to start.

Than, when I switched to my fist key, the car started and the red light was off.

So no it only works with the classic key that I used in the first place, but on friday didn't start, and with the other one it won't start and the NATS light is on.

So now, my question: what is the NATS / immobiliser system made of? Wich are the components?

If NATS is down, what do I have to change in parts?

Now the car works, but as I read, once the NATS problems start, they never end... Wich is the right solution to get rid of NATS issues?

Thank you!!!

ps: yes, I read all other topics on NATS problems, nothing worked from there and it seems that everyone has its own problem and its own solution that is not good to someone else.

Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 9:55am
Hi and a big welcome to NPOC

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P12.. (with further description)" - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum-guidelines-rules_topic2&FID=1&PR=3.html

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Steve
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 11:35am
Wave

I would say your problems stem from the NATS amplifier.
P1610 ... Key has been tried 5 or more times without being recognised and system has been put into lock mode.
P1615 ... Code from key can be read but not verified. It most likely reads the code more than once to ensure the correct key is fitted.
P1624 ... Key code cannot be read.
Secure on Yellow .... cannot read key so radio is disabled.

The NATS amp powers the key in order to read the code.

Simply unpluging then re-inserting the plug to the amp may not be enough, try using switch cleaner then plug in/out at least 4-5 times to get a clean connection.

If this fails you could replace the amp .......it is not coded to the car.

You can also download the service manual from this site.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Hondarul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hondarul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 12:55pm
Thank you. I will try to get an amp from some scrap P12.

But then, I will need its key, since the amp I think it will recognize only the CHIP from its own car.

I have no idea where or how to re-program the CHIPS in the keys I have now...

But I will first try to clean the connection.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:07pm
The amp at the ign barrel is a straight swap ....... no coding required.
If in doubt give it a clout!
solakk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 12:38pm
hey Hondarul,

Can you kindly confirm if your issue has been fixed.. I am having the same issues.

Olu
Hondarul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hondarul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 12:42pm
Hello! At first, any of the 2 keys I have didn't work. I have disconnected all the wiring under the steering wheel, including the socket that came in the immobiliser, and it seems that now, only one key is working ever since.

ps: there are some guys in here that say they can cancel the immobiliser of the car with a special software. Is that possible? I would do that so hopefully the NATS won't make me any more trouble.
solakk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 2:14pm
does anyone know how to properly get to the NATS amplifier.. some people in this forum have mentioned giving it a good clean with WD40 and the likes.. is this still a good fix?

I have had to pay 48pounds for diagnostics today and all they come back with is p1610 and p1614 error codes which I already knew relates the NATS malfunction..

Olu
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 4:02pm
Just take it out and clean out the muck which ever way you want
Yorke22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorke22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:55pm
Dose some one know what the red secure light mean
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>