Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 electrical issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevsharples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 electrical issues
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 11:56am
Hi, can anyone help me with what appear to be partly intermittent problems with the effects of indicators and cruise control? I previously posted re. left hand indicators causing cruise control to dis-engage and had a couple of replies regarding the earth in the LH rear light. I haven't got round to doing anything about that due to other issues (wallpaper and paint!) but I have noticed that the right indicator sometimes does the same thing. The left hand indicator always causes cruise to dis-engage but the right hand causes it sometimes but not others. I have also noticed that, when in slow moving traffic, braking sometimes switches on the rear view camera. These are only minor irritations but I want the car as near perfect as i can get it.
happypensioner
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 1:23pm
Most of this is 100% down to you needing to do the earth wire mod / fix in the rear cluster.

Seriously, we had a P12 with same funky symptoms and after an hour tops of my time on the drive way, they all went away after doing the earth wire :)

I'm no mechanic or anything, this was easy DIY.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 1:24pm
trevsharples View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevsharples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 2:28pm
Thanks for that advice. As someone with HNC in Elect Eng. I should manage this.
happypensioner
gixer599 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixer599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:12am
HI there,

New member here, does this mod work for the stereo and boot, the problem I am having is the boot will open while driving and the stereo volume will go up when turning right and will change stations if I turn left(may be the other way round), normally only does it for the first 5 minutes of driving.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:22am
Hi and welcome on your first post. It is unlikely the stereo volume is a fault on the spiral loom on the steering wheel, it happens on your last function eg if it was aircon it would react strangely when turning the wheel, I have not come across the occasion of the boot lid so it the earth might be worth a fix once you have checked you have no blown bulbs
gixer599 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixer599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Hi and welcome on your first post. It is unlikely the stereo volume is a fault on the spiral loom on the steering wheel, it happens on your last function eg if it was aircon it would react strangely when turning the wheel, I have not come across the occasion of the boot lid so it the earth might be worth a fix once you have checked you have no blown bulbs

Thanks for the reply, will try the earth for the boot, and now you said about the the aircon it sounds like the loom is at fault there so will give that a go.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:08pm
The loom is a dealer only part
trevsharples View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevsharples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:57pm
Firstly, thanks to the members who pointed me in the direction of the rear earth. I did both sides but soldered rather than twisted the cable. Not only has it cured the initial problem which I posted, that of the LH indicator tripping out the cruise control, but it has also cured a couple of other problems that I was going to post about. The rear view camera had a habit of switching on if I braked at low speed or held the car on the brakes on a slope. That has gone away, as has the intermittent variation in flash rate on the LH indicator. Thumbs Up
happypensioner
 Post Reply Post Reply