Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 exhaust/catalyst issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbelibuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 exhaust/catalyst issue
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:45am
Hello there, I currently own a 2005 P12 1.8 hatchback and the muffler + connecting pipe connection had rusted away completely. I tried removing these parts but couldn't disconnect the connecting pipe from the front pipe (which has the 2nd catalyst) due to being completely rusted together. I'm now thinking off replacing all the parts and already bought a new muffler and connecting pipe. However, they didn't have the front pipe with catalyst and I'm really confused as to what the part number or something similar so I could find the right part. Here are some pictures to clarify, the first one is the broken connection and the rest are of the catalyst.

http://imgur.com/gallery/q4Cnd43
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:09am
I cant view the link.

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/howto-post-pictures-using-imgur_topic74431.html

bubbelibuu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbelibuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
Sorry about that, here are the pictures according to timeshocks guide:

Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:17pm
Have just given up on my 56 plate due to problems trying to source the front downpipe with cat.
The hanger bracket broke off twice and had it rewelded but where the heat shield ( covering the O2 sensor ) clamp just before the cat is in contact with the pipe had caused pin holes due to rusting.
The back box was replaced about 4 years back for about £70 and still seams readily available as does the centre pipe.
A local parts supplier quoted about £160  ( in the past I've seen them at £360 ) if available and to special order. Local garage recons it will fail emissions without the cat.
Decided to cut my losses, sorry to see it go was a great car with only 76K on clock.
If in doubt give it a clout!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
for parts have a look here:

http://nissan4u.com/parts/

so you get the terminology correct have a look here

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

I say that as you state 2nd cat when I think you mean 2nd box, I don't think you want to replace the cat. page EX-4 should do itThumbs Up

bubbelibuu View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbelibuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:19pm
Thank you for the help, to clarify my terminology it looks like I'm looking for "Exhaust front tube" from page EX-4 from the electronic service manual (huzzah for timeshock!), and to be more specific, it looks like it needs to be a "FOR EURO4 EMISSIONS WITH UNDERFLOOR CATALIZER" as per the parts list. The picture looks closer to home on the service manual so I'm still a little unsure about the actual part number as the service manual doesn't list part numbers. Does anybody here know what the difference between Tube exhaust, front, 20010AV60A and Tube exhaust, front, 20010AV61A? I'm quite confident it's either of those parts I need.

Thank you so much for the help so far!
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:20am
Looks like 60A is with Cat and 61A without and a lot cheaper

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/RTG-Automotive-UK show stock of the 60A £112
They recommend contacting them with Reg and Vehicle Details so you get the correct Part.

Presume you are in the UK? 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:08am
Finland :)
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Finland :)

Cheers Shaun
It was 'Muffler' and User Name that made me wonder Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>