Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 fuse failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dat posterior! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 fuse failure
    Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:02pm
Hi I have a problem with my P12 Primera

I don't know why but there's a tiny 10AMP fuse that randomly fuses. It's called "IGN Electronic Parts" and it's in the fuse box under the steering wheel, the 2nd fuse starting from the right at the top.

When the fuse fails car accesories like electric windows or turn lights stop working but the worse is that the radiator fans stop working too and then the engine overheats (engine continues to work like nothing happen, it just overheats). When the fuse fails the red light with the car and a key lights up and after a while the "check engine" light shows up with a message on the computer. If i stop the car it won't engage until I replace the fuse, which fixes the problem until it fails again...

This is completly random I don't know what causes this. I took a look on the engine bay and theres a sensor at the right side of the engine head with the cable and connectors on bad condition. Could be this what causes the fuse to fail?

Can get some advice please about what could be doing this? Thank you.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:05pm
I'm pretty sure hat is fuse number 10, as you have already found out it runs a whole host of things, I did not think it ran the radiator cooling fans. Regardless of which fuse it is, it is detecting an overload on one of its many circuits, the area you talk about could well be the issue, the only way to know is by testing the various circuit to find a short. Unless you know what you are doing I would suggest this is one for an auto-electrician
dat posterior! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dat posterior! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:28am
It's this fuse

this is the sensor with the cable in bad condition

i have downloaded the repair manual from this website but electrics it's complicated to understand so confusing! omg mazdas were easier XD
 Post Reply Post Reply