Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Halogen to Xenon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Halogen to Xenon?
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:03am
I posted previously about this but my topic was removed before I could read many of the replies (my fault), so hopefully its right this time haha. What I'd like to know is; is it possible to replace the factory Nissan halogen unit with the factory Nissan HID unit? In other words, a straight swap. In my country this is legal since it would be considered changing a factory unit for another factory unit.

Thanks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:18pm
I don't think it is a straight swap, the wiring and fuses look different in the manual, you need to fit the automatic levelling and ballast and headlight washer unit. Hopefully someone may be along to say different or has done it.
UsernameTaken View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:05pm
Bummer. Well, i don't know if the headlight washer is a legal requirement here but I think I would be able to get hold of the levelling motors. As for wiring and fuses...hmm. Yeah hopefully someone who has done it can advise
 Post Reply Post Reply