Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 hatchback roof leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 hatchback roof leak
    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:48am
Hi folks,

My P12 has developed a leak in the passengers side pillar, I did spot a small rip in the sealant around the upper part of the windscreen so I fixed that with a little black silicone. Unfortunately its still letting in water which is shorting out part of the electrical system.

I think the pillar drain tube from the sunroof is either blocked causing an overflow or disconnected at source, I have seen questions on the internet about this and following the those I have removed the pillar trim and was expecting to see an access to where this tube/pipe runs down the A pillar but with no luck.

I am unable to find this particular problem in the workshop manual we have on the site (no indication as to in what section to find it as there is not one on leaks which is pretty negligent on the part of Nissan I think Tongue

If anyone knows where in that document I can find the relevant image/information I would be very grateful as my alarm keeps going off over night which is very annoying for my neighbours lol of if anyone has had this problem and is willing to share the cure I would be very grateful.

Many thanks for any help offered,

Paul K.
I think therefor I am.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:27pm
I fixed this issue on mine some time ago, you need to remove the hand grip handle and fixings above the passenger door tease away the roof lining so you can see and gain access. The rubber drainage tube has detached from the solid drainage tube from the sunroof. You need to find it and re-attach it. If it is like mine the roof lining will be wet and very pliable which helps, I would recommend you wear latex gloves or similar, I did not and the headlining insulation caused be considerable skin irritation after the job was completedThumbs Up
Bohica View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:53pm
Hi guys more information

I have found out I am missing one of the drain pipes for the front pillar Nissan part number 91392AV6000 Unfortunately this part is to quote my main dealer "on major back order" and it could be months until there are any around. This is fine and dandy except I at this moment have rain water flooding into my cabin via this missing pipe and straight on to my leather seats. 

DO ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE THIS PART AVAILABLE OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE?

Any help will be gratefully accepted thanks for your time guys/gals.

Paul K.
I think therefor I am.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
I doubt you have lost is it, they are very flexible and springy it would have shrunk away from the fixing if you can find the end you will be able to stretch back to the fixing point.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:12pm
It will also help to remove the sun visor to give more room. As timeshock says the tube will most likely have slid backwards and need teasing back. Happened to my driver side. Once recovered and refitted secure with narrow cable tie as it is likely to slip off again.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Bohica View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:30pm
Hi Guys,

I have had a good root around in the top of the pillar and can find nothing in there, so I teased open the wheel arch boot and slipped a hand in there and could not find anything that was not attached where it should be perhaps it fell out of the large drain holes in the bottom of the boot over time?  

At the moment I am trying to feed the 10mm internal diameter tube I purchased down the pillar but it keeps hitting something 20-25cm down the pillar ideas? I have tried to "meet it" with a screwdriver poking through one of the various holes in the pillar but it does not go down that far I am starting to wonder if there is room to put a 90 degree fitting on the tube and run it over and into the existing one on the drivers side (going to be difficult as atm I cant get the glasses case off the roof to release the headlining).

And yes Timeshock what ever is in the head lining definitely promotes some sort of skin reaction.

Thanks for you thoughts folks,

Paul K.  
I think therefor I am.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm
I think if you believe the original tube is not there (I would be surprised if it is missing) you need something thin and flexible (long wire) to thread through from top to bottom and then use that as a draw line attached to you new tube to pull it through.
 Post Reply Post Reply