Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Headlamp / Immobilisor issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Headlamp / Immobilisor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Headlamp / Immobilisor issue
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:31pm
Hi,
I have just replaced the Headlamp dip beam bulb plug section as it was completely burned out,
on completion of the job I now find that there is no power to the fuse for the headlamp, could this be a faulty relay, can anyone help me, Also because I removed and replaced the battery to carry out the above job I now find that I cannot start the car, would this cause the car to enter NATS. Thanks.
Barry. 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:04pm
the information provided above is a bit scant. As far as no power to the fuse is concerned there is no relay or fusible link pre the fuse box You need to chasing back the circuit from the fuse to battery.
When you say the car will not start does it turn over or is there nothing?
I think a bit of research may be necessary as to why the lamp connector burnt out in the first place.
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:04pm
Hi,
There is nothing when the key is turned.
I agree with you about further investigation.
Thanks
Barry.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:59pm
Any warning lights including immobiliser? Any rapid clicking when the ignition key is turned?

Have you checked the two main earths from the battery to the chassis and transmission ensuring no breaks and good connection to those both?
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:00pm
Hi,
There are no warning lights or rapid clicking
Am I right to say that the rapid clicking is a sign of a bad earth.
There was no problem starting the car until I removed the battery ?
Thanks.
Barry.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm
Rapid clicking would suggest not enough battery power, the P12 recognises this condition and will power all ancillaries but will not allow the engine to turnover. I would suggest looking at your fuses in the cabin and fusible links in the engine bay,  think you might have blown something. It the main earths are damaged or comprised that would also prevent starting.
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:04pm
Hi,
I have checked all fuses in the car and under the bonnet, they are all fine.
I have only checked the main earth from the baterry.
Thanks
Barry.
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 4:23pm
Hi,
Still nothing, I have gone through all programming modes, I can't believe that this problem can come from 
disconnection and reconnection of the battery, can anyone please help me Cry 
Thanks
Barry.
Nicky1364 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 4:28pm
How did you resolve yetty ? if you did ?
YETTY View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YETTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 4:34pm
Hi Nicky1364
Still not resolved, I have been trying everything,  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>