Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 heater fan stays on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 8:21am
Could be a different problem, maybe faulty temperature sensor?
In the factory manual there is a diagnostic procedure in the atc section.

Or another daft question: is the front demister button active? Then it will always blow.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 8:35am
HI, thanks for your response. Very helpful altogether. I can now hear my radio/cd without any fan noise   . Maybe you can help me out again. When I'm driving the car should I operate it on 'manual' or 'auto'? and how do I turn off the fan when I want to? As you have probably guessed by now this is the first time I've had a car with electrics    (my last one was a '98 micra). I've tried turning down the 'manual' mode to zero but the fan is still on? Very grateful for any more help you could give me. Thanks a mill.
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 8:51am
Hi wickidude, thanks for the response. Don't have the 'users manual' so don't know which button on the control panel it is(will check it on P12 download). Does it light up when turned on?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 9:21am
You can just see the button here: top right, it has a light in the button. Lower is rear( square window icon) upper is front.

Things like this are sometimes difficult to diagnose.
There's always a (small) possibility that a switch is malfunctioning.
Does the 1 button work with radio/cd?

rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:38am
Hi wickydude, when I press the top switch the a/c light comes on(but no light on the top button itself?)and when I switch off the a/c light the fan seems to continue blowing strongly to the front window.(when I press the rear switch a light comes on in that case) I don't know anything about what button '1' on the radio/cd player should be doing because it doesn't show that it has a function in this case? Thanks a mill for taking time out to help me.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:45am
The buttons 1 to 6 are used to select radio presets or cd tracks.
When you press the volume button, the screen changes and shows the 1-6 buttons in the lower half. Then you can press them to select station preset 1.
Similar to pressing the temp button, then the 1-6 buttons operate the fan controls etc.

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:48am

rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:50am
Yeah the buttons work the finest in this instance as I have the radio stations set at this stage and the cd player operating as it should be too.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 11:31am
But not when you want to switch the fan off?
At least that excludes a faulty button 1.

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by rustler rustler wrote:

Hi wickydude, when I press the top switch the a/c light comes on(but no light on the top button itself?)and when I switch off the a/c light the fan seems to continue blowing strongly to the front window.(when I press the rear switch a light comes on in that case) .

There should be a lit coming on on the switch itself, but it seems to work alright, in that it switches on the a/c to help with demisting. Turning the a/c off makes it take longer to clear the window. When you press the demist button again, it should go back to the setting that was active before, i.e auto.
I usually set it at auto, don't have to think about it again.
What it does then is fully auto, it decides where to blow and how hard and how cold. When heat is requested, it blows in at your feet, with a bit to the top. When cold is requested, it blows in your face, dash center openings. This is probably because warm air rises, cold air sinks.
Occasionally when i don't want the wind in my face i switch to bottom or top outlets. The system will still try to maintain the set temperature, although it no longer reads "auto".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>