Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 heater fan stays on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:25pm
.... If i were you i'd try the diagnostics mentioned in the service manual that is in the how-to section of the forums.
If it still behaves strangely, a visit ti the dealers might be advisable, as they can diagnose more with their Consult system.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 2:49pm
Hi once again wickydude, you're so generous with your time and knowledge. Thanks for the forum download as well. Yeah it seems that just about everything seems ok except for the fact that the fan still stays on!! . Do 'you' know if the 'heater blower unit' should control the the turning off of the fan??
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:29pm
No problem, mate, I hope I can be of help (not much so far ).

The blower motor is controlled by the airconditioner amplifier, as I believe it's called.
That's mounted on the bottom of the blower motor casing.
If you downloaded the service manual, make a cup of tea and read the ATC section (aka Airconditioning section).
If the switches are ok, it could be your car is getting strange readings from the ambient or in-car sensor, but it could also be something else.
The ATC section describes how to get into the self diagnosis function of the aircon system. If a sensor is failing, it should show up in that diagnosis.
That's all I know, I'm afraid. This is one error that I have not seen before on here.

rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 4:45pm
Thanks a mill for everything .
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 1:27am
If the fan is coming on at full speed and can't be reduced using the speed control buttons then chances are the transistor in the module is short circuit.
The transistor can be tested for s/c using an ohm meter.
You could also unplug the module which should then stop the fan.
If in doubt give it a clout!
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:13am
Hi Electrolyte, thanks very much for your response. The fan is adjustable(up and down) with the speed control buttons. Just wondering if you mean the 'resistor' as I replaced this part and it didn't resolve the problem. Would a good belt of a hammer do instead of a good 'clout'??? .
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:15pm
Hi, I would just like to sincerely thank everyone who responded to my query about my problem with my P12 Primera. Just for the record it turned out to be caused by a faulty 'fan speed control module' which is now replaced.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:18pm
Glad you got it fixed!

gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:18pm
Thank you for getting back with fixed problem, someone might find your repair useful later on.
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:30pm
Thank you, hopefully it might help someone. It was the least I could do after all the help I received.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>