Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 ignition key cover column

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:33pm
Any ideas for tomorrow ? anyone, Im desperate, need my car.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:57pm
Just to establish that NATS is working properly.
When you lock the car using the remote does NATS light flash rapidly then settle to a slow pulse ?
After unlocking the car and inserting the key and turning to on position only does the NATS light go out ?
If you then turn key to the next position ( ACC ) does the light stay out ?
If you then turn key to Start does the engine turn over and stay turning over until you release the key and NATS light stay out ?

If in doubt give it a clout!
Jerseykev View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:33am
Checked the Nats according to the above description and all working normal.

Someone said this, I would be looking at air and petrol filters, fuel lines, MAF

The Maf I checked and cleaned. Air filter that must be that rectangle filter ,, next to the battery , that was not very dirty, replaced about a year ago, as for petrol filters, have not a clue where they are, there obviously is no carberätter on these engines, And I am not a 100% where the petrol pump is, it is supposed to be in the tank, so thats a no go. I feel that all the advice has not been very mechanical, Just been check earths from battery, check and install earths on the back of the light, done that. Nats and imobiler is not playing up. Everytime I turn over the engine it tries to run for a second or 2, but will not run. Im not so sure a mechanic can get this fault solved , probablty needs to be towed to Nissan,Im not going to give up, they will hit me for atleast 500 pounds, that may sound alot, but it costs twice as much in Sweden. To read the fault codes would cost 100 pound tom plug in a computer, rip-off bs. Appreciate some more ideas please.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:44am
It could be the Crankshaft Position Sensor,as you have tried all the first and logical steps. Thumbs Up
Roy
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:56am
The P12 has its own built in fault code reader described in the EC section of the service manual.
Jerseykev View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:12am
Hi all,
If it was the crankshaft position sensor, wouldn't the engine icon show up on the dashboard ? And if it is this, then , must go into nissan ??
I will also try to read up on the fault code reader in the manual. Cheers all for helping.
Jerseykev View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:33am
I only have the instruction manual, can anyone explain what it says I should do thanks.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:07pm
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-help-queries_forum1.html

Download service manual here.^
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:11pm
How to read any fault codes on your P12 ECU:

If you don't want to reset the ECU and erase any stored codes, don't do the last part :)
Jerseykev View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 12:38pm
THankyou once again, little confused now, should I do all that to reset the ecu , and if I read the codes, how do I know what the codes mean. Where do I find the guide to what the fault code means. Ive done this procedure a year ago to read a fault I had on the engine. Ive just forgotten , where you check the code that you read. Or am I missing something.
Also I have downloaded the P12 manual on a file, but when you open it up, there is about 10 different files and nothing opens up like a pdf file ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>