Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 interior light fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:39pm
Try taking the replacement bulb out
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:40pm
Yeah still got it. 12V 7W on the old bulb and it's also marked inside the interior light itself just behind where the bulb sits. I popped into Halfords and asked a lad in there to have a look on there computer and he said they should be 10w. 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 10:33pm
So you put a 10w in where a 7w was, I think that may be the issue, try either putting the broken one back in or just take the new one out and see what happens
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 10:46pm
yeah i did. I'll try that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll go to Nissan tomorrow and get some 7w new ones. Hope it works! Thanks for your help again. I'll let you know.
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 9:52pm
well. had a tinker today. no luck, the interior lights have stopped working. completely. they started to fade then went off. The on/off and the reading light all work properly.  The one in the tailgate works when the tailgates opened. (estate) It's got me confused. I think it must have something to do with the control box. 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:53pm
You have confused me because you have not explained what you have done, have you taken out the new bulb? replaced with the old bulb? replaced with the correct bulb? I don't think it is the secu I think you have imbalanced the system and you need the correct bulb/s fitting
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:08pm
Been to Nissan today for the right bulbs, they say 5w popped them in and they still don't work.
I've ordered the part for the control box. should be here in a few weeks, i'll let you know how it all panes out. Thanks for every ones help, i need all i can get. Cheers.
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:56pm
Well, there's good news. All is well with interior light problem. the postman delivered a little jiffy bag this morning with new chip thingy in it ( 8 days from Hong Kong) not bad! Took it apart, friend soldered new one in and IT WORKS!!!!HA. Thanks for every ones help. 
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 9:26pm
Well done Clap but whats a "chip thingy" and how did you know that you needed one? Confused
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
gazza1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 12:33pm
The interior lights wouldn't go off out first, then they stopped working all together. So i did much research on here and found a guy on here who had the same problem. I don't know how to do it but if you go back on this interior light problems you'll find  how to fix it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>