Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 - My Keys won't open the car
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - My Keys won't open the car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Andersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - My Keys won't open the car
    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:04am
The 2 pairs of keys for my 2003 Nissan Primera 2.0 have been working fine for a long time. One day nothing happened when I pressed them to open the car. I tried switching batteries in both keys, without any improvement. I'm assuming it's the receiver that stopped working? Is there any way to get into the car to drive it to the mechanic, or will I have to get it towed? Any ideas what a repair would cost?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:08am
You can still get into the car, using the key in the lock in the door etc.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:01am
if you look very carefully at one of the front door handles (it is the passenger one in the UK) you will see a very small symbol, you can carefully prise this cover off with your  ignition key to reveal a door lock then viola! your in!

if you want to try to reprogram your keys have a look here

Dan Andersson View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Andersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:01pm
Found it! A tiny little key symbol on what I thought was just a piece of plastic. You are a genius! Thank you sooo much! When I called the Nissan shop last week, they said I had to have it towed to the garage...... :) You're a legend!
 Post Reply Post Reply