Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 radio / cd / audio not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 radio / cd / audio not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wfc278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 radio / cd / audio not working
    Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 4:36am
Hi all, I'm new to the club and new to P12 Primeras, I have a non working audio system, when I press the button on the console, nothing happens at all, nothing on the screen or anything, any suggestions on what I can try?
Thanks
    Regards
      Bill
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:54am
Welcome to NPOC,

What Year is your P12?
Do you have Sat Nav? If pre 2005, there will be a DVD Drive below the Radio.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:53am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Is anything on the screen for other functions such as Info; Settings, Air con?
Wfc278 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wfc278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:29pm
Hi, mine is a 2004 model, nothing comes on the screen when you press the Audio or radio button, the Sat nav works fine but no sound, mine also does have the DVD player underneath the CD player and that too works.
Thanks
   Bill
Wfc278 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wfc278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:30pm
Yes the Air con, temp, clock, and other non entertainment displays come up as does the reversing camera screen.
Thanks
   Bill
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:46am
There is a common Sat Nav fault that causes no Display at all, no Audio and no Heating Control.
You don't have that fault.

From the Symptoms, it sounds like your Audio Unit is faulty.
A used replacement would need coding by Nissan, Clarion Service or some Audio Shops.
Clarion Service may be able to repair your unit.

A handful of people have fitted an Aftermarket Radio below the DVD Drive.
Do not remove the DVD Drive. It provides voltage for the Screen and Heater Control.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:24pm
I would agree with the analysis above, it is unlikely to be a fuse (although I assume you have power)

You might want to have a look at the secret menu following the link below, you will find a self diagnosis for the audio, I have not used it but it might give you and indication

Wfc278 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wfc278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:11am
Ok thanks, I will look into this further.
    Also has anybody had faults with their interior lights on a P12, mine done come on via opening the doors or by pressing the switch on both the units in the car, but the map lights, and the light surrounding the ignition switch and the boot light all work.
I've checked the bulb in the front and it didn't look blown but gone no further with this. Is there a known fault with these?
    Thanks again
        Bill
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:43am
There may be a fault with SECU. This repair may not be for everyone

Video on how to desolder a MOSFET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74ni0vMvXs

Since you would be binning the old MOSFET, nip the legs off to make removal easier.
Heat and remove the legs separately.

The BUZ90A available on Ebay for a couple £. Make sure to go for the one with the Metal Back.

Your Car won't start with the SECU removed (Secure Entrance Control Unit) and you guessed it. It's coded to the Car.

Wfc278 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wfc278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:48pm
Hi, thanks for your reply, sounds a bit fiddly and I don't really want to disable the car for the sake of the interior lights, I'd rather manage without them.
But thanks for the info anyway.👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>