Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12  Radio/Heating LCD Display help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio/Heating LCD Display help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Radio/Heating LCD Display help
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:47pm
Hi all,

It's my first post here, so go easy on me Smile

I have a Sept 2002 Nissan Primera 1.8s

I'm having a problem with the display for the radio and heater.  It is really faint and I can hardly see the options on the LCD display.   Its a Type A model, if that makes sense - in other words it has no Sat Nav or reverse parking sensors etc.  It just has a radio and a CD player which are both operated from the monitor/display unit.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and can it be fixed, or will I have to buy a whole new display unit/monitor.

Also am unsure as how to remove the display unit/lcd monitor as there are no visible screws etc.

Thanks in advance,

P
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:02pm
Have you tried going to the settings menu and adjusting the screen brightness

philmc1972 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:41pm
Hi there

Thanks for the reply

It's the Type A console screen, without the joystick

The one that doesn't let you adjust the brightness, so no joy - any other ideas?

Cheers

P
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:28pm
According to the manual Type A has a Brightness/contrast screen, hav you tried the hidden menu, have a look in the specs section of the how to section on adjusting service screen

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:15pm
Hi there

Haven't tried the last method yet.  Just found out that the car was 2001 used as a demo car, before being re-registered and the first owner that we bought from was an owner in N Ireland - maybe that will make a difference

Cheers all

P
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 12:28am
Are you sure you have a P12?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 3:52pm
I'm not 100% if its a P12 or other?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:13pm
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:29pm
thanks for that, yes its the p12
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:22pm
Hmm, did not know the P12 was manufactured in 2001. Not much more I can help you with, mines is the later version, hopefully someone will come along with one like yours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>