Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12  Radio/Heating LCD Display help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio/Heating LCD Display help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by philmc1972 philmc1972 wrote:

Hi there

Haven't tried the last method yet.  Just found out that the car was 2001 used as a demo car, before being re-registered and the first owner that we bought from was an owner in N Ireland - maybe that will make a difference

Cheers all

P

Hi there

Cheers for the info, tried the above holding the info key and turning the volume knob - but no menu showing, any other ideas?

Might it be a fuse?  I'll try get some pics today of the car, the radio etc and post them online

Thanks again

P
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:47pm
Don't know what's on your display atm, but in my 2003 model, holding the Settings button for a few seconds switches between day and night settings. Night setting being usually much dimmer than day, more contrast and some blue fields in the day setting in stead of orange night view.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
philmc1972 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:27am
Originally posted by wickydude wickydude wrote:

Don't know what's on your display atm, but in my 2003 model, holding the Settings button for a few seconds switches between day and night settings. Night setting being usually much dimmer than day, more contrast and some blue fields in the day setting in stead of orange night view.

not sure where the settings button is, but my younger brother took a pic of the radio earlier with a digital camera and will def post tomorrow, hopefully you's can help us out

thanks for all the sugestions so far btw

p
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:15pm

Hi all

Finally found the pic on my laptop, when doing some tidying up.

Here's a pic of the radio, it all works on the dashboard just won't brighten up - the screen is wild faint.

Could it be a fuse or is there a way to get behind the radio to see if it needs a bulb?

Thanks again,

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:09am
Originally posted by philmc1972 philmc1972 wrote:

not sure where the settings button is, but my younger brother took a pic of the radio earlier with a digital camera and will def post tomorrow, hopefully you's can help us out

thanks for all the sugestions so far btw

p
Well looking at your photo you certainly have a settings button, it is the the elongated oval button marked 'settings' between the left rotary audio button and where the joystick would be in the centre.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 6:27am
Looks like that button says Clock in his case. Might give it a try tho. Other than that i think the dealer is the way to go.

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 5:17pm
1st time I have seen a p12 without a joystick control, we need some one else with an older prim
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:16pm

Looks like that button says Clock in his case. Might give it a try tho. Other than that i think the dealer is the way to go.

Tried the clock button and the info button - turning the volume clockwise but no joy

Have visited the dealership were we bought the car from (a nissan dealer) and they are unsure as to what the problem is too,

I'll try get my younger brother to get a few close up pics of the display, so u can see the buttons display properly

Def no joystick on this model, def a strange one!

I did try turning the lights on going to the display buttons an chose the mod button then turning screen contrast to bright but it still not making any difference, all i am getting is a very faint display

I do know the car was an ex display model shipped to N Ireland from the UK.

I'll try get a few pics of the car as well and post them up,

Thanks again

P
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 7:44pm
Seems like your backlight isn't working anymore. Don't know if that's replaceable. Maybe someone else knows here.
I'd try finding another one on a scrappy.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:14pm
here are a few links to more up to date images of the car, dashboard and display

cheers
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa353/philmc1234/car2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa353/philmc1234/car1.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa353/philmc1234/car3.jpg

I did read in the handbook the display may be faint if the car was cold but this doesn't seem to be the problem.

It also says u can't change the display only when you have the lights on, tried that but no joy either.

Anyone know how I would get the surround off to see whats behind the display and if there is a bulb there?  Local nissan guys said they were unsure what the prob could be.

Thanks again

P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>