Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12  Radio/Heating LCD Display help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio/Heating LCD Display help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:36pm
you will have to remove the dash I think

you could also download the free electronic service manual for your car found in the how to section
Bakerman View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 9:03pm
Hi,

Mine is also 2002 1.8 Visia.
When I have the lights on before it's dark outside the display is dimmed (so poor). I have to push the MOD button(with the lights on) then the right double arrow on the joypad. Then the display sets like driving without the lights on and is much more lit. 
I hope this helps.
philmc1972 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

yo will have to rwmove the dash I hink

you could also download the free electronic service manual for your car found in the how to section

its looking like the dash will have to come off alright and me a total novice, arrgghh :(

have u a link to the how to section?

cheers :)
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 11:17pm
thanks bakerman

i'll not be able to test this until the morning, but you've given me hope

fingers crossed!!

i'll keep use all posted

p
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmc1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Bakerman Bakerman wrote:

Hi,

Mine is also 2002 1.8 Visia.
When I have the lights on before it's dark outside the display is dimmed (so poor). I have to push the MOD button(with the lights on) then the right double arrow on the joypad. Then the display sets like driving without the lights on and is much more lit. 
I hope this helps.

Hi Bakerman

Tried the above, no luck - didn't work Unhappy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by philmc1972 philmc1972 wrote:

Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

yo will have to rwmove the dash I hink

its looking like the dash will have to come off alright and me a total novice, arrgghh :(

have u a link to the how to section?

cheers :)

veedo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm
hello, any luck with this hidden menu in your model without navi? i need to change mpg to litres per km and i dont now how...
v3
hamst0r View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamst0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 1:36pm
Hi,

We have the same type of onboard computer on our older Dutch p12. For me as well i can hit the 'mod' button and then arrow to the right to change brightness from day/night mode. If that does not work i would indeed expect it to be a defective bulb.

While im asking. Do you also have (beeping) parking sensors on your nissan. Most versions appear to have a reversing camera which our older onboard computer obviously does not support. I am trying to determine if our parking sensors are factory fitted or aftermarket.
Cribber View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cribber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:23am
Hi guys. Was there a conclusion to this issue. I have the same issue with the same console (no joystick) and was looking for a resolution as I've put up with it for about a year now as I didn't think it was repairable
marko_compa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marko_compa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:50am
Hello Guys,

I have a problem with my LCD Display on Primera P12 2.0 140HP. Today Backlight stopped working (it is very dimm). I have found a replacement unit and I wonder if this is only a display (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Primera-P12-2000-2006-Screen-Display-Unit-Monitor-28090AV612-CC5W-3002P-/252540256103) or module for everything else (radio,...). Do I need to enter a security code if I change Display. Then I would rather change only backlight or LCD unit.

Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>