Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio saying "Secure"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by wickydude wickydude wrote:

I got a green secure warning once because the right channel speakers were cut (because I was installing a carkit). That disappeared after reconnecting the speakers and turning the ignition off and back on.

Thats handy to know as it suggests the radio has output protection which triggers the secure message if there is a problem with the speakers or the output i/c.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Tweedales View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:38pm
After having a new battery fitted the radio didn't work and the "secure" green screen appeared. Tried disconnecting the battery for 30mins as suggested here but it didn't work and to make matters worse it has caused the CD player to give out a constant bleep and lights on it to flash. Can anyone help please?
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:43pm
Welcome    

By all accounts replacing the battery should have no adverse effect on the systems.
What I would try is first make sure there is no cd in the player.
Disconnect the battery then stand on the brakes to fully discharge any power left in the system.
Wait another 30mins and reconnect.
Hopefully this will get things going again.
Tweedales View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 6:06pm
Thanks for that, gave it another try today as you suggested but it hasn't worked. The local car radio experts say the unit needs taking out and sending to Nissan for repair at vast expense. I can't see how changing the battery can damage the radio and a problem in re-linking to the ECU seems more likely. Any other suggestions or experiences would be welcome. With the CD how can I tell if there is a disc in it? The thin slit for the CD has a piece of plastic in front of it that wont move and doesn't let you see in and the arrowed button on the right does nothing. Is it a multi CD unit? What do the row of buttons along the front normally do? Thanks for any help.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 6:22pm
Have a look here

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-disc-stuck-in-cd-player_topic14557.html
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 8:35pm
If its a 6 cd player it will have 6 buttons along the front face.
If no cd is in the unit these should all be lit green which changes to amber with a cd in that particular slot.
The silver button is the eject, so to eject a cd press the associated disc button then the eject and assuming a disc in it should come out.
An anti insertion bar will drop down when the unit is fully loaded to prevent any more discs going in.

What was running thru my mind here is, if a cd had been left in the unit and it became confused with the battery change it may have caused the lock out.
robertgroves View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertgroves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:09pm
Hi again, Re: green secure warning, i have been told that it is not a radio fault, but a fault within the anti theft system. Disconnecting the battery for 30 mins cures it, but it happens again at random intervals. i have fitted a battery switch to the earth side to avoid having to disconnect the earth lead every week or so
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by robertgroves robertgroves wrote:

Hi again, Re: green secure warning, i have been told that it is not a radio fault, but a fault within the anti theft system. Disconnecting the battery for 30 mins cures it, but it happens again at random intervals. i have fitted a battery switch to the earth side to avoid having to disconnect the earth lead every week or so

Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry you have had to Frig your car to get things workings but it has triggered a thought in my mind with regards the earthing in the P12.

The P12 has multiple earth points and I now think it would be worth investigating as many earth points as possible.

Crack them open then redo as many as you can find.
Tweedales View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 1:39pm
Thank everyone for the help.
The cd player has 6 buttons under the slot but they all flash orange in unison with bleeping. If it is a mutiplayer are all the cd's held inside it. There is no dvd underneath so does the car not have sat nav?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 1:50pm
If your multichanger is in the dash I am assuming your P12 is 04 or later (big silver handles inside the car), if so, if sat nav was fitted the DVD player is located under the front passenger seat visible from the back seats with the front seat full forward
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>