Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:17pm
Hi everyone, I have a p12 2003 75k when I indicate left with my lights on and depress the brake the indicator clicks increase in tempo as if I have a blown bulb. When I remove my foot from the  break the clicking returns to normal, it happens on the left side rear lights but not on the right I have taken apart the left rear light and checked the bulbs which all appear to be working I am told in this situation , for example when I am indicating  and breaking that my break light fades and starts to pulse. this only happens when my lights are on,  when my lights are off, for example during daytime my indicator and break lights appear normal I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
Thanking you in advance,
Willie
willie
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:31pm
Welcome to NPOC Willie

Most likely an earth problem to the rear lights. Common fault.
Butt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:51pm
Same problem was with my nissan primera P12. Its indicater flashes double when press brake and also front fog light sign on dashbord.
Thanks 4 tip. will try 2mrw.Clap
parvez
brucey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 11:56pm
the OE earth point for these circuits is behind the drivers side B pillar trim (just pull away near join). Yours might just need a clean. Also the harness connector for the rear light itself. I cleaned mine but it didn't make any difference.....

cheers

-----------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 11:59pm
In this particular case it is 99% the rear earth fix
willie01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willie01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:39pm
hi, its willie01 again  i just wanted to thank everyone who replied   to my question about rear/break lights  ,especially imckay who provided a link which i followed , it sorted out my lights which are now back to normal and also saved me a trip to the garage again thanks everyoneThumbs Up
willie
wizzy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:04pm
I must thank imckay too for his advice. I had the same problem as willie01. My husband and I fixed it this morning but my indecators still bleep (same warning noise as boot opening and seatbelt not fastened). Can anyone help with this, please?Tongue  
--
thanx
Wizzy
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by wizzy wizzy wrote:

I must thank imckay too for his advice. I had the same problem as willie01. My husband and I fixed it this morning but my indicators still bleep (same warning noise as boot opening and seatbelt not fastened). Can anyone help with this, please?Tongue  

Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Is it one or both indicators? and it is a definite beeping rather than a clicking?
Do you have a tow bar fitted? anything attached to this at present?
Reason for asking: this is a warning reminder that you are towing something. It is a well documented fact that the system sometimes gets confused, it normally manifests itself on just one indicator though. The solution is not that simple, we have had success with some but not all.
If you are not towing anything try disconnecting the main battery for 30 mins and this may reset it.Thumbs Up
wizzy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:21pm
Hi timeshock!
No I don't have a towbar. It is definately a beeping rather than a clicking and it happens on the left indicator and it is a continuous beeping. On the odd occasion the right one will beep just once when you first put it. If we disconnect the battery will the radio reguire its security code?
--
thanx
Wizzy
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by wizzy wizzy wrote:

Hi timeshock!
No I don't have a towbar. It is definately a beeping rather than a clicking and it happens on the left indicator and it is a continuous beeping. On the odd occasion the right one will beep just once when you first put it. If we disconnect the battery will the radio reguire its security code?
No all equipment is hard coded to the ECU so you don't need codesThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>