Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:32pm
No, never come across that one, sounds like a circuit fault of failing bulb, however it never surprises me how many different symptoms are as a result of the poor earth problem
absniper66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:38pm
Yes it is strange one, only happens when I apply the brake and not all the time. So time to get the tools out, DIY earth strap and my spare bulb kit.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:41pm
You are positive it is the fog light warning flickering? check you brake fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:51pm
Yes, I checked the hand book and also switched on the rear fog light which illuminated the same one I was seeing flicker.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 12:00am
Just seen a video on U tube as well showing the same symptom on a Renault Clio. Problem found within the light cluster assembly in that case, swapped it, problem gone. I'm hoping it's something easier on mine, won't know until I have done some more tests. - Happy days.
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 1:51pm
Try the rear lights earth fix first as it could be trying to find an earth through your fog light,   
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by gazandsue58 gazandsue58 wrote:

Try the rear lights earth fix first as it could be trying to find an earth through your fog light,   

Will do, thanks for all the help guys. Will let you know what I find out.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by absniper66 absniper66 wrote:

Originally posted by gazandsue58 gazandsue58 wrote:

Will do, thanks for all the help guys. Will let you know what I find out.

Small update (not done earth fix yet). Found out today that the car seems to pull up a the same speed rate when I use the Indicators  to turn right, I can only assume this is connected to the rear light assembly suspected earth connection.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 9:37pm
Stop faffing about and do the earth fix,   
Clean the plug thoroughly also as you have a voltage leak across the plug from the stop lamp feed, feeding back to the fog lamp indicator.
The stop lamp feed and fog lamp feed are right next to each other on the plug.   

PS your problem is in the right hand side.
If in doubt give it a clout!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 10:35pm
Thanks Clap Faffing around stopped Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>