Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear drivers side door lock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaraMunnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 rear drivers side door lock
    Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:28pm
I've got a rear driver's side door latch that needs replacing on my P12, 2008, Nissan Primera 1.6, Manual, Petrol, Estate (not working with the central locking but does work if you stick the ignition key or a screwdriver into the circular hole with plastic fitting and turn it) and I'm wondering if it's the kind of part that might be sourced with any degree of reliability from a breakers yard/partfinding website (I've found one or two on the web) or if I should bite the bullet and get it via Nissan. Would the door latch from a regular saloon model work on my estate? and also given that the P12 was made from '02 to '08, would a door latch from models of any of these years work? I think it's a Renault part.
Tara Munnelly
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:37pm
Hi Tara

Are you saying you can open the car with a screwdriver from the front passenger door ?? " Not good "

Sounds like a wiring problem.
If in doubt give it a clout!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:55pm
Please note point 2)

I have edited your thread title for you on this occasion and started the thread title with "Nissan Primera Pxx.. (with further description)"". All future threads with incorrect thread titles, will be removed.

Many thanks and take care,   

G
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
TaraMunnelly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaraMunnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:59pm
Not a wiring problem, had the door stripped down and all wiring checked and all in order. All other doors lock with the key fob except this one. When car is locked you can open this door and you hear the alarm high pitched tone inside the car. If, however, with the door open, I look at the door lock, there's small circular hole directly above the philips screw head that's directly over the door latch ( I think it's some kind of manual override) there's a plastic fitting inside this hole with a slot in it. By using the ignition key or a small flathead screwdriver I can turn this a few degrees in either direction. When I do I hear the lock flipping over and when I shut the door it's locked like all the other doors. When I press unlock on the key fob all other doors open except this one which has to be opened from the inside. In order to lock it again I have to repeat the key/screwdriver thing. It's not a huge problem as I can lock the car, more of a pain in the butt. I've priced a new lock via Nissan but it's prohibitively expensive.
Tara Munnelly
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
Will need to have a look for that on mine .
Sounding like the actuator not working.
Should be able to get one from a scrappy ,they should be the same throughout the range.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaraMunnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:59pm
Electrolyte, you reckon the rear driver's side locks on all P12's 02-08 both saloon and estate should  work in mine? 
Tara Munnelly
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaraMunnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 8:00pm
What's the actuator? Is it part of the lock or separate from it?
Tara Munnelly
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 8:07pm
The actuator is the electronic solenoid which operates the locking mechanism.
Like everything there is always a chance that changes have been made but unlikely for something like this.
Download the 2003 P12 service manual from the top of the " How to " section for greater detail.
Andy_G View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 11:59pm
I thought the Primera was discontinued in 2006??  Also didnt think they did a 1.6 P12???
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 9:18am
In other parts of Europe it was delivered until 2008. And in 1.6, and in 1.9 diesel

Nissan4u.com lists different part numbers for estate and saloon/hatch.
its a unit complete with pulling cable, as can be seen here:

There are several item codes listed, not sure which one you need, but you need at least one from an estate. Could have something to do with the length of the pulling cable or something.
When you pull the old one out, look for the code on the item and see if you can find an identical one.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>